Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Batman: Under the Red Hood

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Postby Robzula » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 pm

A few years ago, DC and Warner Brothers teamed up to make a series of direct to dvd movies known as DC Universe Animated Original Movies. So far every one of them has received shining praise from fans and critics alike, and from the ones I've seen (Doomsday, Green Lantern, Crisis) I'd have to agree.

The lastest release, Batman: Under the Red Hood was no exception. In fact, it was the best movie of the line and possibly one of the best movies I've ever seen (kicked the pants off of TDK). To put it in perspective, I have buyer's remorse over buying $5 dvds, I'm very much a rental person, but I grabbed the special 2-disc addition of this movie for $20 and feel it was worth every penny.

The movie seems to play out as a "Who is the Red Hood" kind of movie, but don't be disappointed if you figure out who he is quickly, as it's really more supposed to be about Batman and his emotions, particularly dealing with his first, greatest failure,
Spoiler: show
the death of Jason Todd, the second robin.
Definitely pick this movie up if you can, I can't stress that enough (and all the other DCU AOMs too, for that matter)!
Robzula
Staff Writer

Re: Batman: Under the Red Hood

Postby Thunder-blade » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:01 pm

I saw the whole thing on YouTube, and it was awesome.

Not really a hardcore Batman fan, but it was very deep.
Thunder-blade

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm back! Well, not officially, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on the film. I have to say it really is one of the best efforts of the DC Universe original animated films team. I got chills during many scenes, and also frequently yelled "wow" and "badass!" at the screen. Some moments are also extremely emotional and heart-wrenching. Even if you're not a Batman fan, the film is worth watching for the voice cast alone: Bruce Greenwood as Batman, Jensen Ackles as Red Hood, John DiMaggio as Joker and Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby mdilthey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Neil Patrick Harris? WAHAHHAHA :lol:
mdilthey

Return to BCS 2.0