Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Happy 4th of July

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Happy 4th of July

Postby Turkguy19 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:52 pm

For all the Americans out there, Happy 4th of July! It's a great day to celebrate this great nation. Have a nice cook out and grill up some hamburgers and help support those who have fought for the independence and freedom of the United States. This year, this holiday really means something to me (not that it didn't before, but more so now). This year is the first year I am actually a Soldier in the US Military (just became one officially last week) so I feel a new found sense of pride for this country. I hope that each and every one of you feels that same pride in our flag, and our fighting men and women. It's not easy to be in the military, and not everyone can do it. So, lets take this day to celebrate our independence and the men and women who protect that independence each and every day.
Turkguy19

Re: Happy 4th of July

Postby Solo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:54 pm

I think I'll blow something up in your honor tomorrow.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Draykov » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 am

Happy 234th, America!

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Sci » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Wowwww this thread is smaller than I expected.

Happy Independence Day! 234 years of this wonderful experiment and counting.

Turk, thanks for your sacrifice of freedoms and comforts to protect mine - give all the guys you work with a greeting for me - I really appreciate what you guys are doing.
Sci

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Well, on July 3rd, my uncle and I went to a Twins game in the greatest stadium in North America (in any sport), which not-so-coincidentally happened to by military appreciation day.

Of particular interest(and a first for the stadium): Before the game, four marines parachuted into the stadium, one of whom unfurled an American flag behind him as he decended:

Also, in was a little funny to see marines having to use their entire body weight to hold the giant flag down during the National Anthem:

All in all, it was an enjoyable, albeit hot, experience. It was a little upsetting when the Twins blew their 3-run lead in the 7th (and even more upsetting when the Rays hit a friggen' grand-slam home run), but still, I had a fun time. Plus, Jim Thome both tied and then surpassed Harmen Killebrew's homerun record with back-to-back homeruns, which was cool.

All-in-all, a very enjoyable 4th-of-July weekend for me.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Return to BCS 2.0