Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Discworld

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Discworld

Postby Turtleboy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:40 am

Hi Guys

I love the Books Called Discworld by a Guy Named Terry Pratchett, I was wonderingif any of you guys read them ?
I think they are some of the greatest books, my favorites ones are the ones with the Witches and Wizards.

So Here are some Questions

What are your favorite characters ? e are Rincewind, Carrot, Granny Weatherwax, Cohen, Sam Vimes.

And What are your favorite Books of discworld, Mine are the Witches Books and the Wizards.

So anyone like Discworld Lets find out shall we :|
Turtleboy

Re: Discworld

Postby Jake » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:26 am

Yay Discworld. Excellent reads, even if the author is sadly losing his writing abilities.

Favourite novel is probably Night Watch, because Sam Vimes is such an engaging character and it's nice to see Ankh-Morpork quivering under the despotic fist of someone who isn't Havelock Vetinari. In my opnion, it's one of the best books he's ever written.

My favourite character is harder to choose. I'm a great fan of Archancellor Mustrum Ridcully, because I find his every action hilarious. Another fond favourite is Sergeant Detritus. And the Piecemaker. Seriously, I just like how the troll has evolved from a stupid troll working at a pub to a slightly less stupid troll who likes to solve problems by hitting or shooting them.
Jake

Re: Discworld

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

One of my favorite characters in Discworld ALWAYS TALKS LIKE THIS. :)

Seriously, one of my favorite of the series is "Small Gods". I like how it's not centered on Ankh-Morpork, although the simian librarian at Unseen University gets a mention in a key scene.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Return to BCS 2.0