Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Deadliest Warrior!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

The Deadliest Warrior!

Postby Enigma » Fri May 28, 2010 9:05 am

My god, I don't know if I love this show or hate it's guts. The premise of it is testing the weapons of two separate warriors or warrior cultures, pitting them in a 1 on 1 battle to decide who is the deadliest. These warriors can have existed in the same time period (Spetznas vs. Green Beret) or they could have fought in totally different periods and settings (Spartan vs. Ninja).

Doing live tests on things such as pig carcasses and ballistic gel torsos, this show does everything from throwing knives to grenades to punji stakes! Of course, you have to take the show with a grain of salt, as they do from time to time get things wrong, and some of the resident hosts (Such as Max Geiger and Geoff Desmoulin) are absolutely insufferable. Other than that, I'd like to give it props for it's original and exciting design.

Any opinions?

-Jordan
Enigma

Re: The Deadliest Warrior!

Postby Robzula » Fri May 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Enigma wrote:My god, I don't know if I love this show or hate it's guts.

That pretty much sums it up. It's a neat idea, but how they "calculate" who's a better fighting force is a little... not quite right. And the fact that it's on Spike so it has to be all edgey and hardcore.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby HoboBob1138 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm

This show kills me in how lame it is. I feel the same though, at times it is good. I find myself saying "Bull S***" to my favorite side sometimes. I can't believe they didn't do pirates vs. ninjas though. Its so obvious.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby Big C » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:45 am

Oh, come on. Everyone here knows who the deadliest warrior is.

Big C

Postby Thunder-blade » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm

I kinda like the show. But what irks me is that they only take into account weapons and armor, and not actual skill/training.

Also, match-ups are kinda lame. Ninja v.s. Spartan? They are totally different and incomparable. Ninjas were spies/assassins, while Spartans were soldiers that were only effective in an actual army (phalanx).

The one complaint I have is that they really only calculate the strength of weapons or armor. They don't take into account the skill or training most of the time. Also some of the match-ups are completely off. Ninja vs. Spartan? That doesn't even make sense! For one, the Ninja is a spy/assassin. Another thing, the Spartan fought in an army, usually in a phalanx, they weren't one-on-one warriors.
Thunder-blade

Postby Rook » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 am

Ah simple, the guy with his finger on the button for all the nukes in USA or China, not sure who has more. :lol:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:16 am

Um, no, Rook. I thought everyone knew this by now, as it's not like it's new news. Chuck Norris wins. Every. Time. Doesn't matter who it is or from what time period, Chuck Norris will just roundhouse-kick them into oblivion. Thus, this show is pointless as everyone already knows who the deadliest warrior is.

And Big C, I expect you'll be recieving a knock on your door soon. I'd tell you not to answer it, but I think we both know that it won't matter. It's been nice knowing you.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby vynsane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 am

Rook wrote:Ah simple, the guy with his finger on the button for all the nukes in USA or China, not sure who has more. :lol:

Didn't you ever see Starship Troopers? A knife beats a nuke because you can't push a button if you can't use your hand!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Thunder-blade » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 pm

theJudeAbides wrote:Um, no, Rook. I thought everyone knew this by now, as it's not like it's new news. Chuck Norris wins. Every. Time. Doesn't matter who it is or from what time period, Chuck Norris will just roundhouse-kick them into oblivion. Thus, this show is pointless as everyone already knows who the deadliest warrior is.

And Big C, I expect you'll be recieving a knock on your door soon. I'd tell you not to answer it, but I think we both know that it won't matter. It's been nice knowing you.

*cough*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE

But either way, we're getting off-topic.
Thunder-blade

Postby dWhisper » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:36 am

By its very nature, this particular thread can never be on topic.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Enigma » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Celt vs. Persian Immortal.

I mean, was there really any question in the outcome of that one?

Down the line, we have the following:

CIA VS. KGB
MUSKETEER VS. CHINESE WARRIOR
MONGOL VS. COMANCHE
VLAD THE IMPALER VS. SUN TZU
ISRAELI COMMANDO VS. NAVY SEAL

I mean am I the only one that thinks this isn't a 5 Star line up?

-Jordan
Enigma

Return to BCS 2.0