Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Into The Blue (a reunion)

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Into The Blue (A goodbye)

Postby GrayMattR » Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Turk, if you get back on to check this thread, I'd like to thank you for your service to your country. You would have got a bigger response if you posted a week or so before basic training but I know you didn't start this thread for popularity. Good luck and be safe!
GrayMattR

Postby Turkguy19 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks to everyone for the support. I just wanted to stop in and and update for you all. Today I just graduated from BMT and am now officially an Airman First Class. I will be heading to Mississippi for my tech school and will probably get more computer time then and will be around a bit more. But, again, thanks for all the support!

A1C-TG19
Turkguy19

Postby Draykov » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am

Congrats on getting through basic, airman. :) If you end up on a flightline at some point, don't fall for the "breathalizer pitot tube" test.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Enigma » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Much love man, whatever the world throws at you, always remember to roll with the punches

-Jordan
Enigma

Postby Robzula » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 pm

So the whole "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back" was just for attention? You tease. :p
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Draykov wrote:Congrats on getting through basic, airman. :) If you end up on a flightline at some point, don't fall for the "breathalizer pitot tube" test.

Don't fall for the "Get a bucket of prop wash" test either. Never fell for it myself, seen others get humiliated.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Draykov wrote:Don't fall for the "breathalizer pilot tube" test.

Mofo Jones wrote:Don't fall for the "Get a bucket of prop wash" test either.

As someone who has never been in the Air Force/whatever branch he's in, could you please explain these?

Are they anything like the "Board-stretcher" (a device that doesn't exist) fetch-errands some shop teachers would send 7th-grade students on when they cut their boards too short?
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:07 pm

theJudeAbides wrote:As someone who has never been in the Air Force/whatever branch he's in, could you please explain these?

Are they anything like the "Board-stretcher" (a device that doesn't exist) fetch-errands some shop teachers would send 7th-grade students on when they cut their boards too short?

There has been rumor of poor, innocent airmen fresh out of basic being asked to go test the pitot tube on the F-16 to see if it's registering properly. The pitot tube is the little proboscis that (usually) sticks out of the nose of an aircraft to measure fluid and velocity. If you hadn't guessed, some poor idiot blowing into it on the ground will have no affect.

The "prop wash" one I hadn't heard before, but you can think of it as headlight fluid or the board stretcher. As a cleansing detergent, It doesn't exit. Prop wash refers to the air/water/dirt current generated on the flightline by propeller or rotary driven aircraft.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Into The Blue (a reunion)

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 am

Draykov made a good explanation. I've actually never been in the military, but I heard the prop wash gag when I was working at an aviation facility in my home state of Nebraska.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:55 pm

We occasionally have new guys do echo checks on our engines. Have them stick their heads in the tailcone and yell while another fool checks for readings on a multimeter that you've hooked up to random parts.

Buckets of rotor-wash, ID-10T forms, magnet batteries, PRK-E7s...

Speaking of Pitot-tubes, it seems most people at Airshows think they are guns. :lol:
Last edited by MisterFubar on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterFubar

Postby Turkguy19 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Well, all that is new to me, so whatever lol. I wont be working on the flight line anyway. I will probably be in a show tinkering with the stuff rather then being right on the jet.
Turkguy19

Postby Rook » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:41 am

It will be interesting once you have personal time again, to see how your new career affects your MOCs. I.E. More military type MOCs or more complex engineering type MOCs etc.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0