Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Into The Blue (a reunion)

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Into The Blue (a reunion)

Postby Turkguy19 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 am

I don't know if the MODs and ADMINs will frown upon this or not, but thought I would give it a shot anyway ;)

So many faces have changed here since I started on this site way back in 2004. Some great friendships were made and I will always appreciate that. Most of my high points in the LEGO community have come from this site, and even the highest point in my MOCing came from here with the winning of the Pod Racer challenge last year. But, things have to change, and I've gone away from this site in recent days. Whether it be because I've grown tired of the community or what, but I have distanced myself from the forums. So, many of you may not know who I am, but I thought I would still give a goodbye because I don't know if I will be back again.

This goodbye is coming because today, April, 26th 2010, I am leaving for Basic Military Training for the United States Air Force. I will be getting computer access after this initial 8.5 weeks, but whether I come back to the forums or not is yet to be known. I will however probably pop into the IRC Chat now and again just to check how things are going.

Stay Classy FBTB,

James "Turkguy" Turley
Last edited by Turkguy19 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turkguy19

Re: Into The Blue (A goodbye)

Postby Andi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:21 am

Good Bye James. I will miss you.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby hatcher » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 am

Good luck in Basic Training. Hope you make it back here someday.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Draykov » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:50 am

Enjoy San Antonio, Turk. Basic probably won't be much fun, but you'll have an opportunity to learn a lot. We wish you all the best.

Top 10 Cool Things About Being in the USAF

The Real Air Force
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Rook » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 am

Well Turkguy even though over the past few years you and I have disagreed on many things you've earned my respect today. Joining the Armed Forces, no matter which branch, is a great undertaking. I wish you the best of luck at basic training. I've served the same country in law enforcement. Defending ideals of democracy whether it’s on foreign or domestic soil is the most honorable course one can take.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Big C » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 am

Snap, you're going to San Antone? Dude, you'll totally have to try and come up to the Dallas area and hang with me and Draykov if you get some down time. We'll take you out for a drink or something.

Best wishes, bud. Have a blast.
Big C

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am

Enjoy your time into the Wild Blue Yonder, etc. Even if you don't wind up back here, be safe and know that you're welcome back anytime. (insert salute smiley here).

John
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am

Turk, you know I frown on everything you have to say. ;) But good luck with training dude, and I hope we'll see you around when you get the time.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jargon » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:02 am

Turk, it's been fun interacting with you over the years. I hope things go well for you in the Air Force and that we'll see you around these parts again.
Jargon

Postby Joedward » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 am

James, I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye on everything either, but you're embarking on something I would truly love to take on some day (different branch... but still), so you can't be all bad.
I really wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy everything.

So cya 'round Turkeyman, do come back and visit, it'd be a shame to leave it all behind you. You never know, the equipment and aircraft may give you some building inspiration.

Good luck to ya.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Big C » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:50 am

By the way, if you jack a Lightning II and land it in my backyard, I will <3 you forever.

And by "<3 you forever," I mean, "point you out to the proper authorities and tell them you mailed the plane to Iran, after I hide it in my sekrit bunker."
Big C

Postby Daz Hoo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 am

Hey Turk!

I have the outmost respect for people who choose to serve their country (military) or their community (police officers). I always respected your opinions here (whether I agreed with them or not), but now, you are now a step higher in my "respect-o-meter" ;) .

I hope everything works out for you the way you planned them, and I wish you the best. :D
Daz Hoo

Postby MisterFubar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Sounds like it's too late to talk you out of the Air Force but good luck anyway, and enjoy. Military life isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, but don't let that secret out.
MisterFubar

Postby The Brain » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:33 pm

I haven't really been around here long enough or known you well enough to say I'll miss you, but I certainly offer you luck and success in your endeavors. I guess I will miss your caustic sarcasm as well, but we've got plenty of that around here. :p
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Robzula » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:36 pm

You had one of the best sigs on this forum. I'm gonna miss that...

...and you and your opinions of course! Good luck to you, man. Hope you'll find your way back someday.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby yankeeken » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Good luck with Basic Training, Turk. Your presence will be missed.

May the force be with you.
yankeeken

Postby meeotch » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 pm

And for your final act, you have gotten "Danger Zone" stuck in my head. Good luck with everything.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Flynn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, I don't think we ever got along well, but it's still sad to see you go, Turk. Best of luck and all that, and hope you come back here someday.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Chief » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:01 am

I love you Turk! :(
Chief

Postby Captain Typo » Sun May 02, 2010 11:12 am

I know I'm really late to the party on this, and that I haven't really interacted with Turk on the forums... But I wanted to say my goodbyes anyway, simply because I was always blown away with his Red Fleet creations, and loved the humorous faux(?) cynicism he would bring to the table. For instance:
While everyone else was flipping out over the new Taun-Tuan set last year, Turk wrote:Yup....just as I thought....not really worth it.
So whether you see this or not, man, I wish you the best, both in the Air Force and life in general... :)
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Next

Return to BCS 2.0