Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The return of GI-Joe.

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

The return of GI-Joe.

Postby Inzane » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:30 am

Hey Guys/Gals,

Anyone else an old fan, new fan, AFOL (oops, I guess it should read AFOJ), etc. of GI-Joe (Real American Hero)?

I just came out of a dark ages so to speak, like with Lego several years back. It's partly due to the new live-action movie coming out this year. (d'uh). But also stumbling upon a couple DVD Battle Packs (an assortment of figures and one of the animated mini-series movies) recently at a local zellers.

What do I know but next I'm walking into a local comic store and find myself doing something I hadn't partaken in in over 18 years! I opened up a file at the store and subscribed to ALL the new IDW GI-Joe comic titles: The new main title, GI-Joe: Cobra, GI-Joe: Origins, trade-paperbacks (which reprint the original Marvel series) and the upcoming movie tie-ins.

So here I am an AFOJ... I've dug out my old '82-85 Hasbro toys (a lot of which had been destroyed by my younger brothers after I left my parents' house), I'm watching the old sunbow cartoons again, reading my comics (old and new), and anxiously awaiting the upcoming movie.

Any other Joe fans out there?

YO JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inzane

Re: The return of GI-Joe.

Postby Master Fetty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:24 pm

G.I.Joe is Action Man right?

And I think that you'll get a lot of fellow fans when the film comes out later this year. :D
Master Fetty

Postby Inzane » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:32 pm

I've never heard of "action man". What's that?
Inzane

Postby bluemoose » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Inzane wrote:I've never heard of "action man". What's that?

The British version of G.I.Joe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_man
bluemoose

Postby GrayMattR » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:27 pm

The Marvel Comics series of G.I. Joe from the 80's are some of the only comics I have left of my childhood. (Down from over 1,500 comics when I stopped collecting in '92.) That's how much I liked G.I. Joe. Looking forward to the movie but I purposely haven't looked into it.

Being a fan of Lego and G.I. Joe, you have to check out BIJoe.com.
GrayMattR

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:35 pm

I've never been the kind of kid who grew up with GI Joe, so it's not something I hold close to my heart. However, I do want to watch the GI Joe film if only for Dennis Quaid and (drools) Karolina Kurkova. However, it does look like this will be childhood-memories-slaughter for many loyal GI Joe fans. My bet is that it'll end up with the standard of Transformers at the most. However, the cast seems decent at least. Dennis Quaid as Hawk has me excited, but Will I Am as Ripcord? Not so much. Also, I guess Stephen Sommers will handle this better than Michael Bay did with Transformers. I enjoyed the first two Mummy films immensely.
Jedd the Jedi

Return to BCS 2.0