Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Major League Baseball

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Major League Baseball

Postby mzone » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Anyone watch it? I like the Cleveland Indians, even though they stink. :'( :lol:
Darth Bizzle on the CABG talking about Lego wrote:Its way better then drugs.
Wrecks on the CABG wrote:
They both come in small plastic bags and are highly addictive.
Mzone.
mzone

Re: Major League Baseball

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Sheesh, didn't your parents ever teach you the difference between right and Cleveland? :lol:

I'll always be a Twins guy myself. Who can forget Kirby Pucket back in the '91 (and '87) series? Not me, boy. And let's face it, with Joe Mauer's sideburns pretty much out-manlying every other person in the majors, it's pretty tough to compete with them right now. Then of course you got Joe Nathan bringing the heat and Justin Morneau bringing the timber. It's an All-Star line-up. Not since the days of Kent Hrbek, Frank Viola, Chuck Knoblock, and Kirby Pucket have the Twins looked so good. Plus, with the new (outdoor) stadium opening next year, baseball is back for Minnesota in a big way.

Now don't get me wrong, I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Cubs (who doesn't?), but push come to shove, I'll be waving my Homer Hanky. Unfortunately, most of the games air on Fox Sports Net, which I don't get, but I try to keep up with them when I can.
Last edited by theJudeAbides on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:49 pm

theJudeAbides wrote:I'll always be a Twins guy myself.

While this has nothing to do with baseball, I gotta throw myself in that camp too. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Once you sit in the bleachers at Wrigley there is no way you can't be a Cubs fan. How about that perfect game for the White Sox leftie?
banthafodder

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 pm

mzone wrote:Anyone watch it? I like the Cleveland Indians, even though they stink. :'( :lol:

Dude, I live in the suburbs of Cleveland, and I don't even like the Indians right now. They are just painful...painful to watch. The only good thing going on in Cleveland in terms of professional sports are the Cavs. They give us a glimmer of hope of possibly gaining a championship even though LBJ has been acting incredibly immature with the whole Jordan Crawford dunk controversy. BTW, that video is pretty funny in my opinion :lol: . But yes, I do watch a little MLB action and go to Indians games every once in a while. Even if they don't win, you can still have fun with friends right?
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Any Mets fans out there? No? Didn't think so considering they suck. I used to support them, but they have not even tried to play well since they lost their best 10 players due to injuries. They even lost a series to the Nats; the worst team in the Major League. It's pathetic.
Jay

Postby The Brain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:51 pm

I'm sure some Yankees fans here will bash me, so here's to hoping there a few more RED SOX fans out there! :D
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Jetrooper » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:48 am

Image !!!!
Jetrooper

Postby theJudeAbides » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:12 am

Ah, Red Sox fans, some of the most whiny fans in all of sports. Waaaah, we always lose to the Yankees... Waaah... curse of Babe Ruth... Waaaah... It went between Joe Bucks legs... Waaaah. Give me a break. Do you even realize how you sound, considering your team is the second highest paid team in baseball (second only to the Yankees). Your players are just as overpaid as them, so quit your complaining.

There's only one team that has an excuse to whine, and that's the Cubs. You Red Sox fans can't even come close to the pain and suffering experienced by Cubs fans, so just get over your little persecution complex. I'm just so sick of hearing about it already.

On another note, to those of you who only support your team when they're winning/doing well: screw you, bandwagon-jumper-onners. The Twins sucked for many seasons, but that doesn't mean I stopped supporting them. A true fan will support their team whether they're winning or dead last in their division. Otherwise you're just some Johnny-come-lately who only cares about winning and not about the team, and that is the very definition of an un-fan.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Heady » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:27 am

Worn most days since Early 2004. T'was originally that navy blue they use.
'Nuff Said
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am

theJudeAbides wrote:Ah, Red Sox fans, some of the most whiny fans in all of sports. Waaaah, we always lose to the Yankees...

I'm not really a red sox fan but how many championships have the yankees gotten in the last 8 years? How about the red sox? Yup, they always lose to the yankees alright. ;)
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby dWhisper » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm not a Red Sox fan (go Cards), but yeah, the Yankees suck. Outside of the fact that their collapse in what could very well be the greatest comback of all time in the ALCS leading up to when they spanked my redbirds, they've beaten the Yankees at their own game of cashball.

And of course Tampa Bay beats them both pretty often now, on less than the Yankees weekly stripper budget.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Teekay » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Well, I'm for the team that's better than both Red Sox and Yankees. That's right, Tampa Bay. Sure, the White Sox got a perfect game on them. It's not their fault. Kapler had a homer until it was robbed. Bartlett almost had an infield single. And as for the AL East standings, don't worry. They'll come around to reflect the proper order soon...

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby The Brain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Jude, I'm definitely not a bandwagon jumper-oner, nor was I a whiny fan. And I certainly agree that the Cubs have reasons for complaining. Just pointing that out. ;)

I feel it's fair to say that Red Sox fans are also some of the funniest fans, if not some of the most ridiculous. My dad would often regale me with stories of sitting in Fenway, listening to the hilarious conversations and catcalls from fans.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby legoman9530 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm for the Fightin' Phils all the way. Seems that I'm the only fan that has cause to to claim their team is the best (at least for now). And I'm not a bandwagoner for any who suddenly got suspicious. I can remember watching baseball games with my grandfather since I was old enough to understand baseball. And that's the best part of baseball, tranferring your knowledge onto someone who cares and follows the team passionately.

Question for Jays fans- Do you guys really want to lose Halladay, cause I don't want to give up our best rookie and prospects (basically our future) for one pitcher, no matter how good he is.
legoman9530

Postby yankeeken » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 pm

As you can probably tell by my username, I'm a big Yankees fan and always have been, mainly due to the fact that my dad was always a Yankees fan. Anyway I just came back from a week long trip back east and on that trip I continued towards my goal of seeing a baseball game at every major league park. I saw a game at both Progressive Field (Indians) and the new Yankee Stadium for the first time and then saw my fourth game at PNC Park (Pirates). No offense to any Cleavland Indian fans, but I must say that the Indians are putrid (the Mariners just creamed them in the game I saw) and their prices are outrages (not to say that the Yankees prices aren't outrages too). $27 for an upper deck seat in Cleavland is ridiculous considering the fact that I was able to get a first level seat by third base at PNC for $10. Anyway, despite not being a true Pirate fan, I must admit that PNC Park is the nicest stadium that I have been to so far (mind you I haven't seen a game at either Fenway or Wrigley yet tough).

In other news, the Yankees lost their first game since the All Star break yesterday, but they beat Oakland today to improve their post All Star break record to 9-1.
yankeeken

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:02 pm

I'm a Tigers fan myself, though it's good to see that there are some folks out there for some teams other than the big market teams. That's the beauty of baseball!

And I'm with Teekay. Mark Buehrle's perfect game was pretty cool, but he was backed up by some serious defense that day. The Rays had a few good hits in that game, but the defense was just hot. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Just thought I'd post to say to MrCRskater: Neener neener neener! :lol:

How about them Twins finishing the season strong and coming back to win the 1 game playoff against the Tigers to secure the division championship? What was meant to be the "last game in the Metrodome" turned out not to be, and fans couldn't be happier.

How friggen sweet would it be for the Twins to win the World Series in their last season in the Metrodome? What a way to send it off! Either way, I'm proud of our boys, and while they do face a difficult challenge in the form of the Yankees, I feel confident that if they keep getting hits the way the've been doing, they should be able to prevail.

As those obnoxious TBS commercials with Dane Cook say: It's October, and anything can happen.
theJudeAbides

Postby Coret » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:09 pm

That was an awesome game, and the only thing bad about it was that the Twins won, lol. Being from Detroit I have always been a Tigers fan, and they just fell apart, while the Twins thrived at the end of the season. The Tigers didn't deserve it anyway. However, I doubt we will see the Twins do anything against the Yankees, I don't think either one of them would have beat them.

However, I hate the Yankees so , GO TWINS.........so weird to say that, lol.
Coret

Postby AlternativeRadio » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 pm

I've always loved the Red Sox. Been a fan ever since I was a young'n going to the games at Fenway, but I havent been to one in a while due to ticket prices. One thing that bugs me anout Red Sox nation is the pink hats. When I say pink hats, I mean not the actual color of the hats, but the people who wear them. People who jump on the band wagon when the team is doing well. BTW, pink hat is not gender specific. There are plenty of male pink hats out there too.
AlternativeRadio

Next

Return to BCS 2.0