Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Michael Jackson dead at 50...

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Michael Jackson dead at 50...

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Well, it's flying around, and he was also the king of rumors, but multiple sources, reputible (MSNBC, AP) and not-so (TMZ, Fox News) are all reporting it. The King of Pop is dead.

Despite how crazy the man got later in life (and we all saw the signs much earlier than that), his music was among some of the best. Thriller is simply amazing, and the man defined 80s pop. Between him and the Jackson 5 before that, he was a legend, and will be missed.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: Michael Jackson dead at 50...

Postby Turkguy19 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 pm

This after the news Farrah Fawcett's death this morning :(
Turkguy19

Postby 11Numb » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:12 pm

I found out about Farrah's and Micahel's deaths at the same time :( . RIP to the both of them. MJ will always be one of my favorite artists.
11Numb

Postby Firespray » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Very sad indeed, RIP :(
Firespray

Postby meeotch » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:53 pm

He'll be back, don't worry.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm

I saw this right when it first came on the news. It's really sad in my opinion, especially after Farrah Fawcett's death as a result of cancer this morning :( . She was only 62. Anyways, he was the KING of Pop, and will be loved and remembered by many. Even with all the controversy surrounding his recent life, I think we should all just remember his talents, and the wonderful impact he had on the music industry. RIP: Michael Jackson.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Big C » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:37 pm

They say it always happens in three's. Ed McMahon, Farrah, and now Michael. Three legendary icons of popular culture.

Despite the controversy, I've always loved the music that MJ made. And I'm truly sad that he died before he could grace London with his presence one last time with those concerts he had planned. I pray for his soul.
Big C

Postby Drock » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 pm

dWhisper wrote:reputible (MSNBC,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Did Chris Matthews mention any tingly feelings running up his legs this time and call it an objective assessment?
Drock

Postby thepatient » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 pm

It's a shame about Farrah Fawcett. I remember when all of the girls' hair changed to that feathered look over night when I was kid. I had that famous poster of hers for abour five minutes, until my mom took it away. At the time I didn't get why she didn't like it, I can guess now that I'm older. I was 6 or 7 years old at the time. I just had it because every other kid in the neighbor had one. I won mine at a carnival.

As far as Michael Jackson goes- good riddance. One less rich nutjob in the world.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:36 pm

I was very shocked to hear of MJ's demise. I won't go so far as to call him a "rich nutjob"-he has had obvious splotches in his personal life, but his music was iconic and influential, so at least he should be respected for that.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Andi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:32 am

I heard it this morning, when reading an email from a friend.
I am shocked.
I was never the biggest fan of him, but I liked his music. And I thought about getting a ticket for one of his soon to start concerts in London.
Does anyone know why he had to die so young?
*R*I*P*
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Lord T » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:37 am

Very shocking, very sad. He may not have contributed towards his legendary reputation as of late but the man was just that, a legend. All the best to his family.
...{Flickr}...
Lord T

Postby Galagoo » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:48 am

Andi wrote:Does anyone know why he had to die so young?

Many artists die young because of the more or less wild lifestyle - let alone the stress. The Sun, however, says Jackson had a heart attack after taking too much Demerol painkiller medicine. The reliability of that piece of news, on the other hand..
Galagoo

Postby Joedward » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 pm

I think I'll just take sollace in knowing his music will live on forever, his awesome, awesome music.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby AlternativeRadio » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm not that upset over his death. Of course, I'd never wish death on anyone, but the man was a pedophile. His music was some of the best, but I'm not crying my eyes out over this one.
AlternativeRadio

Postby Enigma » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:29 pm

AlternativeRadio wrote:I'm not that upset over his death. Of course, I'd never wish death on anyone, but the man was a pedophile. His music was some of the best, but I'm not crying my eyes out over this one.

Well yes and no. He was acquitted on both counts, but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Still, no matter what you thought of the man, I don't know a soul that doesn't at least enjoy his music or know his name.

What gets to me though is that suddenly all the MJ merchandise is going off the shelf like Hot Cakes. I wish he had gotten that kind of support in the later years of his life, he probably needed it.

RIP Michael Jackson

-Jordan
Enigma

Postby Lightsaberson » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:36 pm

AlternativeRadio wrote:I'm not that upset over his death. Of course, I'd never wish death on anyone, but the man was a pedophile. His music was some of the best, but I'm not crying my eyes out over this one.

Same here. I liked a lot of his songs, specifically "Thriller", "Smooth Criminal", and "BAD", but what he did later in life was just crazy. But i have to give it to him, he had some moves.
R.I.P Micheal
May the Force be with you.
Lightsaberson

Postby ccjwprongs » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 am

Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby Darth Caedus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 am

Lightsaberson wrote:

Same here. I liked a lot of his songs, specifically "Thriller", "Smooth Criminal", and "BAD", but what he did later in life was just crazy. But i have to give it to him, he had some moves.
R.I.P Micheal

Feeling somewhat the same...I've never listened to "Thriller" or any other MJ song and grew up as part of the generation where Michael Jackson was, well, a creep, only the target of pedophile jokes, etc. So I am not really shaken up over his death, although from what I hear he was more something to get excited over in his earlier days.
Darth Caedus

Postby Athos » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Bad week to be a celebrity. Ed McMahon, Farrah, Michael, Billy Mays, Karl Malden... I wonder who's number is up tomorrow...

Steve
Athos

Next

Return to BCS 2.0