Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Transformers 2 (is probably going to suck)

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Transformers 2 (is probably going to suck)

Postby Firespray » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Master Fetty wrote:Firespray - I did go expecting action. It failed even on that.

You were srsly doing it wrong then.
Firespray

Postby Master Fetty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:27 am

How?

The camera was shaky in all the action scenes (as per the norm in most films nowadays). But this wasn't like Bourne. This was that awful Hancock/Quantum of Solace style that disorientates and gives no sense of what is actually going on, merely shouting to us that 'This is meant to be important', without showing us why.

I've just watched Spiderman 2. Remember the train sequence? I was on the edge of my seat as that train went off the rails. Why? Partly due to the shared duty we had with the hero, but also because the way it is shot. I can see what is going on and see just what peril the characters are in. In Transformers I have to use my imagination to grasp what is happening. I do not expect that from any film, especially one with a $200 million budget. I admit my claims at the lack of plot are moot, seeing as everyone else says the same, but the action is unavoidably bad. Mall Cop excited me more.

So the only other thing people say it has going for it is the effects. Who went in expecting bad CGI? It is incredibly rare for a blockbuster of this magnitude to have bad effects, so why this is a good point, as apposed to the expected I don't know. ROTS had faultless effects...four years ago. Heck, Titanic had great effects twelve years ago.

I enjoyed the first one. Wasn't great, but at least it was a three star film. Tbis one failed for me. I can understand some people like it, but the points many are raising are almost as poor as the film itself.
Master Fetty

Postby Galagoo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:52 pm

The shaky camera irritated me at first, too, but along the film I got rather used to it. It didn't stop me from enjoying the action sequences..
Galagoo

Postby The Brain » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Look, anyone going to see this expecting an Oscar-winner was in for a rude awakening. God knows I didn't go expecting that! That said, I feel I got more than my $10 worth paying to see this.

The action scenes' special effects were just as I thought they would be--unbeatable. So, however, was the plot (or lack thereof), exactly how I envisioned it. That didn't stop me from enjoying it at all. I fancy myself a mediocre critic of movies, and know what parts in whatever film are lame, unnecessary, or cliched--I also know when to shut up and try to enjoy myself. I ran into a few friends I haven't seen in months at the theater, and I thoroughly enjoyed poking fun and getting really into the action with them. If you didn't pretend to be stunned when Optimus died, you don't know how to have fun in a movie theater. ;)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby RocketClone » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Actually i was kind of stunned when he died but he did comem back and pwned. XD
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Gumby » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks for posting spoiler warnings, guys. >8(
Gumby

Postby meeotch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:09 am

Wouldn't spoilers be expected at this point? I think, in this day and age, if you're at all internet-literate, it's pretty easy to avoid almost all spoilers. If you're worried about being spoiled, don't read threads on message boards with the movie title in the name. Go to movie review sites or other places to try and avoid spoilers, but not message boards.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Kyle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:30 am

And it's not like the movie hasn't been out for three weeks already. If movie spoilers are an issue for you, you kinda have an unspoken responsibility to go see the gorram movie. :p
Kyle

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0