Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Joaquin Phoenix acting... creepy...

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Joaquin Phoenix acting... creepy...

Postby Big C » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:01 am

WCBSTV wrote:If you thought Joaquin Phoenix was bizarre before, his behavior during an interview on the "Late Show with David Letterman" on Wednesday didn't do much to dispel the notion that the actor, at times, isn't all there.

In by far one of the weirdest interviews Letterman has ever conducted, Phoenix appeared detached, aloof and at times irritated during a seven-minute sit-down that had the audience rolling and Letterman searching for some way to get meaningful answers.

Was it all possibly a put-on by the talented actor? Not likely. It's hard to imagine anyone going in front of a national television audience and purposely making himself look that bad. But then again, Hollywood is Hollywood. One never knows.

Phoenix came out dressed in all black, with long hair, a shaggy beard and wearing dark shades, sort of like a Blue Brothers get-up on steroids.

Rest of that article here.

Watch the interview here or here.

Srsly, how freaky is that? I mean, he obviously doesn't want to be there in the first place, but there's seriously something else wrong with him. It's scary to see him that way. I mean, this guy rocked in "Gladiator," "Signs," "Walk The Line," "The Village" (well...), etc.. This is just so bizarre.
Big C

Re: Joaquin Phoenix acting... creepy...

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:03 am

Sad to say that it's likely pharmacological.
knapplc

Postby Masta' Bo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 am

Creepy to say the least. I thought it felt really uncomfortable and unsettling. :S
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby xadrian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 am

Ugh, I couldn't watch the whole thing. If it was a gag, he was doing a great job. "Hip hop music." Ri-ight.
xadrian

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:08 pm

At least he didn't try to kick him in the face like Crispin Glover :lol:
Firespray

Postby DarkBlue » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Honestly sounds like me whenever I happen to be bored out of my mind.
DarkBlue

Postby Jetrooper » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:30 pm

He looks high or drunk to me. He seemed upset at all the laughter, which is kind of stupid because you're on David Letterman.
Jetrooper

Postby AlternativeRadio » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:51 pm

I actually feel kind of sad for him. Just the way he talked, it was like he was some helpless puppy or something.

"I can't be the first to make you feel wierd about it, [the beard]"

"Sigh, no I guess not."
AlternativeRadio

Postby Austin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 am

The current buzz around Hollywood is that Phoenix is doing all this in an Andy Kaufman-esque attempt to 'trick' everyone into thinking he's gone crazy. This is supported by the fact that his friend, actor Casey Affleck, is filming everything he's currently doing for a 'documentary'. The problem is, he's doing such a good job that it's going to be difficult for him to get hired in Hollywood again.
Austin

Postby Big C » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:23 am

I just read that last night, Austin. What a whackjob. :shock:
Big C

Postby Emperor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 am

I just hope he doesnt become another Heath Ledger case and end up overdosing on something :S
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Logan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:57 am

The YouTube link was disconnected...

But wow... It almost looked like he was trying not to laugh sometimes, and trying not to get ticked off others.

I did think the gum part was a riot though...
Logan

Postby Daniel Yuhas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:01 am

I honestly didn't think he was acting that weird.

I've seen plenty of other interviews with him, and he's always been a bit strange compared to other celebrities. He seems quite uncomfortable in most interviews. This wasn't really any different.

I also don't think he was on any drugs. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I've been around plenty of people who were under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and I just didn't see anything in the interview that made me think he was on drugs or alcohol.

I could tell he was annoyed at the audience laughing at everything he said though. I agree this hiphop career and his appearance as of late is pretty out of the ordinary, but even when he was just answering questions straight, everyone was laughing.

I'd probably be rather unresponsive too if every single thing I said was treated as a joke.
Daniel Yuhas

Return to BCS 2.0