Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

All Hail Hypnotoad!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

All Hail Hypnotoad!

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm

That's right, ladies and germs (I'm talking to you, Professor Streptococcus). Futurama was picked up for 26 new episodes, starting in 2010, on Fox. This may prove that they're not complete idiots (though I haven't heard about Firefly coming back). Futurama is one of the greatest shows ever, and this marks the third animated show that's come back from the dead on Fox (and Futurama has already been risen from the dead twice).

So, All Glory to the Hypnotoad!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: All Hail Hypnotoad!

Postby Solo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Wait, I thought this was supposed to be happening on Comedy Central.
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its ... turns.html

Image
Solo

Postby Joedward » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 pm

I thought this was it's second reserection.
It got canned after 4 seasons, and then the 4 movies came out, and now the new 26 episodes. is that not right? (though I think that, even though you guys in the States had 5 seasons, we got 4, but with the same episodes, with only a few in a different order)

Anyhow, the new episodes really can't come soon enough, I've been a Futurama fan for almost as long as it's been around. And I'm even happier, because when this was linked to in chat the other day, it was stated that only 13 episodes were going to be made. So, WOOHOOOO. \o/
Can't remember where I read it, but some site said that the episodes just get better and better as they come, and aside from the odd gem here and there (Zapp Brannigan in particular), they're so right.

And as someone who only today started watching Firefly for the first time, I'd still be so happy if it was brought back, because it's awesome.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Veers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Good to see it's not dead. And of course, All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:41 pm

Yeah, they'll be on Comedy Central... that's nice, since they'll be funnier that way. They owe us for all the Carlos Mencia they've inflicted on the world.

I said third because it was tentive after the first movie, which did well, and therefore, three more were picked up. Basically, anyway...
dWhisper

Postby Galagoo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:26 am

dWhisper wrote:and this marks the third animated show that's come back from the dead on Fox (and Futurama has already been risen from the dead twice).

Just out of curiosity, what are the other two?
Galagoo

Postby Joedward » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:06 am

Family Guy is one of them.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Master Fetty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:17 am

Although kinda enevitable, its great to get proof and a date for what was one of the funniest shows on TV (or DVD in my case). Each Season was near faultless (not a bad one in the bunch). The films were hit and miss (1/3 Good, 2/4 Aweful), but I think that's more to do with the long length than anything.

In short - YAY.
Master Fetty

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 am

King of the Hill is the other. It was "canceled" after season 10, and then picked up a few days after the studio had sold off all it's animation property and canceled the lease on the building.
dWhisper

Postby DaVille2007 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Sadly King of the Hill is ending despite lasting for 3 more seasons. I am highly anticipating the return of Futurama. I still can't forgive Fox entirely though, for the canning of Arrested Development.
DaVille2007

Postby Legomancer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 am

All hail Hypnotoad……

Futurama ROCKS!
After watching Bender's Game, I thought they made it pretty clear they were done, even dissing Fox :lol:
Can't wait for another 26 episodes, Futurama NEVER disappoints.

………all hail hypnotoad… :shock:
Legomancer

Postby Masta' Bo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Good. Shows like Family Guy just aren't too funny anymore (the last season anyone--?). At least Futurama is funny without sacrificing quality.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby theJudeAbides » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:18 am

You know, I saw this and was going to post it with something about dWhisper quiting his Mod job (apparently watching Futurama takes up so much time that there'd be none left for Modding duties), but then said "screw it" and played video games instead. This is very interesting indeed. Now if we could just get some channel to pick up Terminator and/or Firefly, I would hate Fox less, but until then, Screw em'.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby dWhisper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Oh, I haven't quit my mod job, it's just that life and work take up enough time that most of it is relegated to reading and not posting...

And the current season of Family Guy is one of their funniest, to be fair. The whole show with the Star Trek TNG cast is probably the funniest episode they've ever shown. And that's saying something.
dWhisper

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I can't believe you blew the opportunity to start off this thread with GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! It would have been nearly epic. :)

That said, I am glad that Futurama is back. Fox can bite my shiny metal sarlacc, and all hail the Hypnotoad!

I'm not pleased about the cancellation of Terminator, and I am also still angry at them for the Firefly debacle. The world needs more Kaylee...

edit: Shiny metal...sarlacc? I typed the correct phrase....odd edit, even if it's to keep it family friendly.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Return to BCS 2.0