Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

National Hockey League

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: National Hockey League

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:54 am

schlectus wrote:Wow, this just isn't my day. Turns out I'm also a Vikings fan...

Do you mean Wild fan? The Viking's play football (and there's a whole other thread for that). Assuming you meant Wild, what is it that suddenly made you a fan? I tend not to pay attention to who signs where and all that, so if we got a good new player, I'd like to know.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby UOldPirate » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 am

theJudeAbides wrote:
schlectus wrote:Wow, this just isn't my day. Turns out I'm also a Vikings fan...

Do you mean Wild fan? The Viking's play football (and there's a whole other thread for that). Assuming you meant Wild, what is it that suddenly made you a fan? I tend not to pay attention to who signs where and all that, so if we got a good new player, I'd like to know.

Given the timing of the original post, I think the Vikings comment was a Farve reference. I'm pretty sure he's a Stars fan when it comes to the NHL. Am I right, Schlectus?

As far as signings go, are there any Caps fans who can give their take on Shaone Morrisonn? The Sabres signed him the other day and while I consider myself as serious hockey fan, I know almost nothing about him. I hear he's pretty good at blocking shots though, something the Sabres have had a serious need from the D since Jay McKee left, so that's a plus!
UOldPirate

Postby yankeeken » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

I'm not a Caps fan, but from what I've heard Morrisonn is a reliable 3rd pairing defensive defenseman who has top 4 potential. I've even heard some Caps fans call him a poor man's Rob Regehr, although I personally can't comment on the accuracy of that statement. Anyway, I think he's a good pick up for the Sabres. Personally, I was hoping that he would sign with the Ducks.
yankeeken

Postby schlectus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:10 pm

UOldPirate wrote:
theJudeAbides wrote:

Given the timing of the original post, I think the Vikings comment was a Farve reference. I'm pretty sure he's a Stars fan when it comes to the NHL. Am I right, Schlectus?

Exactly right! Modano, Turco, Favre all within 24 hours...bleah. Bad day...I almost decided to become a curling fan...although my reaction to Favre (like everyone else's) was apparently a little bit knee-jerk. :x

No real news on the Wild...Koivu signed a "forever" contract a while ago, but that's the last I heard from them.

Can't wait to see what happens with Kovalchuk, and the whole "front loaded contracts" thing. Personally, I find it pretty disgusting that teams try to pull that in order to circumvent the cap, but I'm thinking that the NHL's hands are a bit tied here. After all, they didn't do anything about Hossa, etc.
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:43 pm

yankeeken wrote:I'm not a Caps fan, but from what I've heard Morrisonn is a reliable 3rd pairing defensive defenseman who has top 4 potential. I've even heard some Caps fans call him a poor man's Rob Regehr, although I personally can't comment on the accuracy of that statement. Anyway, I think he's a good pick up for the Sabres. Personally, I was hoping that he would sign with the Ducks.

Thanks for the info. The Regehr comparison is interesting, I guess I'll have to wait until October to see for myself. I kind of figured Morrisonn was a 5th or 6th defenseman, that's exactly how the Sabres tight-wad ownership does things. Lose some D from the top 2 pairs and replace with someone cheaper. I hope the deal works.
UOldPirate

Postby Draykov » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:08 am

Looks like the Finnish Flash will still be kicking it in Anaheim.

On an unrelated note, stumbled across this for a bit of fun: which famous actors are the long lost siblings of NHL players? This might be revealing.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby JackFr » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:52 pm

First post in a year and 7 months. Anyone remember me?

Kariya's gotta go to Anaheim or Pittsburgh. I'm buying whatever jersey he ends up in unless it's a Leafs jersey or a Europe/KHL one.
JackFr

Postby Draykov » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:17 pm

When hockey and LEGO mix. Ah, Razor. What a goofball.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am

ImageImage

Go Flyers? I guess?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0