Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

National Hockey League

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

National Hockey League

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:53 pm

So...it's playoff time, and my beloved Stars are suckin' on a big ol' DNQ and heading to the golf course. Go Devils!

The 2008-2009 playoffs are shaping up to be pretty intersting. Colombus and Chicago are in the playoffs. CA and PA have their own intrastate rivalries going. The 1st round should prove pretty interesting.

Picks anyone?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: National Hockey League

Postby ki-adi-windu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Go Sharks!

Being extremely optimistic given their recent play, but hoping the Sharks get over the hump and win the Big Shiny Thing people call Stan! :cool:

Ducks suck!
ki-adi-windu

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:48 pm

ki-adi-windu wrote:Ducks suck!

You'll get no argument from me on that point. :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ki-adi-windu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:16 pm

What? No one else likes hockey?
ki-adi-windu

Postby yankeeken » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:17 pm

I love hockey, but I just don't see my team being able to pull off an upset. How they won game one is beyond me. :S

Edit: Wow, I can't believe that the Ducks just won game two, 3-2. :O
yankeeken

Postby Gumby » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:10 am

Anaheim has tons of playoff experience and will be tough to play against!

Go Canucks go! XD
Gumby

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm rooting for the Detriot Red Wings like I always do :D ...I lived outside of Ann Arbor for seven years, and hockey was huge up there...the craze kinda rubbed off on me, and I became a Wings fan.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby BigBenKenobi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm

*Sorry...double post.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby yankeeken » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Gumby wrote:Anaheim has tons of playoff experience and will be tough to play against!

Well I have to admit that thats true. The Ducks have a history for pulling upsets in the opening round of the playoffs.
For example: 2003 when they swept Detroit in the opening round & 2006 when they beat Calgary in seven games.

Still I'm a bit skeptical, but thats probably because I thought they weren't even going to make the playoffs. For a while, I was almost certain that Minnesota or someone was going to beat them out.
yankeeken

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Wow...I hate Vancouver for what they did to my Stars in 06-07, so I won't go so far as to extend congratulations, but the sweep was not something I expected.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Gumby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 am

Draykov wrote:Wow...I hate Vancouver for what they did to my Stars in 06-07, so I won't go so far as to extend congratulations, but the sweep was not something I expected.

I didn't expect it either - but I'm not complaining. :p

Of course, STL didn't help themselves by going 1/24 with the man advantage over the series.
Gumby

Postby Draykov » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Poor, poor Columbus. FIrst time to the playoffs and what do they get? Outscored 12-2 in 3 games and likely swept off the face of the Earth tomorrow night.

Condolences to Habs fans everywhere.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Gumby » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:36 am

Draykov wrote:Poor, poor Columbus. FIrst time to the playoffs and what do they get? Outscored 12-2 in 3 games and likely swept off the face of the Earth tomorrow night.

Well, Columbus couldn't have faced a team with more playoff experience than Detroit... :)
Gumby

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 am

Well, that's sort of my point. They might have ended up as the 8th seed and taken on the faltering Sharks (not that San Jose would necessarily be playing the same way against Columbus as they have been against Anaheim).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ki-adi-windu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Phhhbbttthhh, Habs fans have had everything to cheer about over the past decade. Sure they haven't won since '93, but I don't give them anything even if it is their 100th season.

And after a craptacular start, my Sharks are starting to get their mojo back and tie up the series....hopefully.
ki-adi-windu

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Mad props to Columbus for pulling out 5 goals...of course, it wasn't enough.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Draykov » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Congratulations to 2008-2009 Stanley Cup Champs the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby theJudeAbides » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 am

Indeed, I watched a good portion of the final and have to say it was a very good game. Both teams played excellently and both goalies were solid (although the Red Wings' goalie was not solid enough). Heck, I thought the Red Wings were going to tie it up at the end there. How awesome would it have been if it had come down to a shoot-out ala every Mighty Ducks movie ever made?

Anyways, I don't really care that much about either team (I'm from the state of Hockey and as such, the Wild are what's really important). However, I was glad that the Penguins won it since the Red Wings have already won umpteen thousand Stanley Cups while the Penguins haven't won any. I thought it was in really poor taste that the audience booed through the entire trophy ceremony. How about showing some respect, being a good sport, and recognizing the fact that the Penguins played hard all season and deserved it just as much as the Red Wings did? Just because your team lost is no reason to act like an sarlacc. You should be happy you got to witness a great game and be there at a Stanley Cup final.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Swoosh Factor » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:26 am

theJudeAbides wrote:Indeed, I watched a good portion of the final and have to say it was a very good game. Both teams played excellently and both goalies were solid (although Osgood was not solid enough). Heck, I thought the Red Wings were going to tie it up at the end there. How awesome would it have been if it had come down to a nail-biting sudden death overtime?

Anyways, I don't really care that much about either team (I'm from the state of Hockey and as such, the Wild are what's really important). However, I was glad that the Penguins won it since the Red Wings have already won eleven Stanley Cups while the Penguins had only won two.

Just made a couple of fixes for you so the Canadians won't point and laugh. :p
Swoosh Factor

Postby theJudeAbides » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Um, yeah, I don't really think the Canadians are in a position to point a laugh at anything, unless it's themselves. I mean for cripes sake, given the fact that Hockey is supposedly their national pasttime, isn't it a bit sad that both teams in the finals were American? Seriously, at least Europe has the common decency to dominate the one sport (Soccer) they allegedly care about. Well, I suppose they still have curling. Have fun with that. :D
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Next

Return to BCS 2.0