Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

A warning for everyone before you go watch the new Godzilla

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

A warning for everyone before you go watch the new Godzilla

Postby Solo » Sat May 17, 2014 12:43 am

I have to give all you fellow FOLs a heads up before you venture out to the theaters this weekend, I hope I'm not too late. I won't spoil the whole movie. Just one little detail at the beginning that almost had me walk out and demand a refund, as I'm sure you too would feel compelled to do without knowing about this ahead of time.

So this happens right at the beginning of the movie, I don't think it was even five minutes in. There's a panning shot across a floor covered in toys... Among them: a Lego Snowspeeder. A white Lego Snowspeeder. First reaction, "hey cool a Lego Snowspeeder". But then it clicks. What's the big deal, you ask? This scene is set in 1999. Only one Snowspeeder set had been released at this time, and it was this:

Spoiler: show

That was not the set I saw. I don't know which specific version it was because the instant it registered as out of place it was gone. I could tell the entire theater felt the same way I did because they were so stunned with rage there was no audible reaction to it at all. I mean honestly. How is anyone supposed to take anything in this movie about giant radioactive dinosaurs seriously if they're going to throw in time traveling Lego sets from the get go? How do you spend $160,000,000 on a film and kick it off with such a colossal blunder? This is why the American film industry is failing. It's not piracy or $20 ticket prices. It's a fundamental lack of knowledge about Lego set release dates. I hope someone got fired over this.

Everyone relax, this is a joke, I just thought it was funny that they threw in the wrong Lego Snowspeeder.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: A warning for everyone before you go watch the new Godzi

Postby Joedward » Sun May 18, 2014 2:07 am

Well now I flat out refuse to see it... And to think, I was so excited before.

Ah well
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Andi » Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 am

Thanks for the warning. Wasn't in the mood to see it, anyway. But now I have at least a good reason.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby crazybirdman » Mon May 19, 2014 9:51 am

I thought i was going to be about this:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/ ... lla-is-fat
But it's even worse than I feared.
I guess I'll still go see it?
crazybirdman

Postby Joedward » Mon May 19, 2014 9:56 am

Saw it today, completely forgot to look out for any Lego.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Absolutely fantastic movie.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Robzula » Mon May 26, 2014 5:57 am

I'm so happy someone else noticed that. I had to watch the movie a second time just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby hatcher » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:56 am

Those guys over at Ain't It Cool News totally missed this. They are now dead to me.

Solo, I bow down to you and repeat "I'm not worthy!" after reading this thread. If I had some with me, I would give you a cookie. :)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby sparkart » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:26 am

Yes, anachronisms can be distracting. Luckily for me, I was unaware of LEGO between the years 1982-2009, so this detail didn't distract me.

I'm impressed that you guys notice these details. The ability to see and process that kind of trivia borders on being a super-power. I haven't quite figured out if you are super-villains or super-heroes, yet.
sparkart

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:53 am

Definitely neither, both of those take too much effort.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to BCS 2.0