Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

We (north america) have been shunned again!

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

We (north america) have been shunned again!

Postby Inzane » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm

After talk of the the SW hoth boardgame set and the last 3 SW planet sets which all seem to be available in Europe, but not US or Canada, I found yet another set that we are being deprived of.

Behold:
http://creative.lego.com/en-us/products ... aspx#10664

I know it's not SW or other licenced theme, but this Creative "Tower-of-Power" looks like an awesome set of basic pieces. 1600 pcs is massive and it looks to have a good variety of colors and bricks. Pricing on the UK legoshop site appears to be 50 pounds, which would put that around ~ $80 USD.

Oh Lego, why oh why do you torment us so?? :(
Inzane

Re: We (north america) have been shunned again!

Postby bigospedros » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:46 pm

To be fair, the US has had plenty of exclusives over the years that Europe hasn't got ... all those Brickmaster polybags, the holiday polybags (Easter, Christmas, etc), Golden C3P0 promo, to name a few! I could add all the Comic Con (etc) exclusives here too, but they're not exactly on general release - but those events are US only too, realistically.

Yes, it's annoying, but that's how Lego wants to do it ... maybe you should complain to Lego direct ?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Inzane » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:53 pm

bigospedros wrote:To be fair, the US has had plenty of exclusives over the years that Europe hasn't got ... all those Brickmaster polybags, the holiday polybags (Easter, Christmas, etc), Golden C3P0 promo, to name a few! I could add all the Comic Con (etc) exclusives here too, but they're not exactly on general release - but those events are US only too, realistically.

Yes, it's annoying, but that's how Lego wants to do it ... maybe you should complain to Lego direct ?

Oh I haven't forgotten that there are occasionally sets that the US gets that not even us friendly neighbourhood Canadians get up here. We're right next door and share a general distribution site around the Niagra Falls area, and yet we still get excluded at times.
Inzane

Postby Joedward » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm

First, not only, like Pete said, do we get far fewer exclusive than North America, but have a look through the prices of other sets. Even with sales tax you (Canadians/Yanks) won't have to pay nearly as much us. And they're getting worse over here.

That said, 80 bucks for 1600 pieces still isn't that terrible, even if they are really basic. And even with postage you'd probably still get a decent deal if you could find someone to send it.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Return to General LEGO Discussions