Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

How a molding error ended up as a cool piece

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

How a molding error ended up as a cool piece

Postby rushiosan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:10 pm

This is the first time that I got something good from LEGO quality problems. I mean - as many of you may have already experienced, the Minifig series has some terrible quality control. I believe this is because the stuff is molded in China with a different (and cheaper) plastic, it's more like a promotional (and cheaper) line or something, has less to do with "official" products... well, whatever.

After another unsuccessful search for Mr. Gold, I ended up getting a couple more bags of Series 10. One of them gave me the amazing Medieval Wonder Woman (Warrior Woman or something). The weird thing about it was her weapon:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7376/9544 ... 5bc7_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3819/9544 ... f582_c.jpg

At first I thought it was a new mold, but once I searched for it on Google, I noticed mine was the only that had such weird curve. Never had any of these new spears anyway, so, I'm not sure if that problem is common...
rushiosan

Re: How a molding error ended up as a cool piece

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 am

That's frikkin' awesome.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Re: How a molding error ended up as a cool piece

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Do those ones have the spear tip made from a softer material (for safety reasons, I assume)? If so, I don't think it is a molding error so much as deformation after the fact due to the softness of the tip. Could have happened in the bag just by the spear ending up crosswise and the tip being under pressure. Might be able to correct it (if you wanted to) by bending it the other direction long enough.
Mister Ed

Return to General LEGO Discussions