Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Worlds largest LEGO Helicopter destroyed.

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Worlds largest LEGO Helicopter destroyed.

Postby DarthBuilder » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Master Builder Ryan McNaught's 100,000 piece Erickson Air-Crane was destroyed by vandals while on display in a shopping mall. When you have skills like McNaught you can always move on the next build I guess. I think my head would simply explode in rage.

via Gizmodo
via cairns.com.au
DarthBuilder

Re: Worlds largest LEGO Helicopter destroyed.

Postby sparkart » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 am

Even LEGO enthusiasts unfortunately see LEGO as rebuildable things that're easy to put back together. I mean, I've see videos of folks after conventions throwing their creations into bins, causing them to literally explode. I don't like dented or chipped LEGO, so I don't do that, but hey, it's their stuff.

That's too bad about this sculpture. I hope when they catch these kids, they do make them lose their summer vacation with public service or whatnot, because that's just one thing they stole from Mr. McNaught, his time. Time he isn't going to get back. I guess when you're a kid, you've got plenty of time of time to spare, so you don't appreciate it.
sparkart

Return to General LEGO Discussions