Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

BrickLink.com is under new management. Changes coming.

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

BrickLink.com is under new management. Changes coming.

Postby DarthBuilder » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 am

Some big changes could be coming to BrickLink

Message from Jung-Ju “Jay” Kim, founder of the online game company Nexon, incoming owner of BrickLink.com:

(As of June 5th, the Hong Kong-based company Bricklink Limited has acquired the assets of BrickLink.com. Bricklink Limited is a subsidiary of NXMH.)

Dear BrickLink Community,

I am extremely pleased to be taking over the operations of BrickLink.com. I’ve been a LEGO fan for 40 years and an avid user of BrickLink.com for over a decade. My first plans are to upgrade the website, and do our best to make users happier and more prosperous, while staying true to the original vision of BrickLink.com founder, Daniel Jezek. We will work hard in order to ensure that BrickLink.com becomes stable, secure and as user-friendly as possible.

I want to sincerely thank the family of Daniel Jezek, especially his mother Eliska, as well as the BrickLink.com Community, for the opportunity to upgrade and operate such a beloved website as BrickLink.com. In order to expedite the process of renovating BrickLink.com, I and Bricklink Limited will be asking users to e-mail us with their ideas for the improved functionality of the site, as well as any current issues that need to be addressed in order to provide users with the best possible selling and buying experience. We’ll establish those lines of communication very soon.

Thank you for your continued patronage and support of BrickLink.com

Jung-Ju Kim, incoming owner of BrickLink.com
DarthBuilder

Re: BrickLink.com is under new management. Changes coming.

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:20 am

I'm not convinced this is a good thing for the community.

The new owner is a company which is public and has shareholders to answer to. Do you really think the shareholders will let the company run Bricklink with just a minimal return for their investment? Bricklink can only be profitable by either maximizing advertisement revenues OR by increasing fees.

In either case, that's not a very good thing for Bricklink.
Daz Hoo

Return to General LEGO Discussions