Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

These Flickr changes

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

These Flickr changes

Postby Andi » Thu May 23, 2013 2:26 am

Do you like the recent update of Flickr with all its changes in layout and policy?

Are there alternatives?

Should the Lego community discuss together which alternative to use?

It was great that so many Lego fans were members of Flickr
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Re: These Flickr changes

Postby neim343 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:25 am

While I don't like the new changes at all, I won't be completely leaving Flickr. At the moment though many are starting new groups at Ipernity. It has a very similar feel to the old Flickr. If nothing else it's a reserve backup.

Edit... Nevermind, you're already there... :lol:
neim343

Postby Solo » Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm

I dislike the changes but not enough to switch services. I haven't uploaded much lately so maybe if I was a heavy user I might feel different. I canceled my Pro account out of spite but with only about two weeks left though so my prorated refund was a joke. The only thing I'll miss now that I'm on a free account is stats, but that alone isn't worth the yearly fee.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Andi » Mon May 27, 2013 2:51 am

I now set up an account by ipernity, and also used their import tool to import my photos from Flickr.
But still hope that Flickr is listening to the many negative feedback. I'm cleaning up my account a bit, but didn't cancel Pro yet. 8 years is a very long time... I want to still hope.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Return to General LEGO Discussions