Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Looking for a Voice Actor (Brickfilm)

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Looking for a Voice Actor (Brickfilm)

Postby blue banana » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 am

Hope this is right here, if not please remove or delete.

Hi! Today I have completed my new brickfilm except for the step that I can't do alone: The Narrator's voice. I am no English native speaker and my voice sounds too young for the role anyway. The film is actually a trailer and is about a minute long. I am now looking for a grown up male English native speaker who could perform the narrator's voice for me. I would be very happy if someone could spare ten minutes or so to record one or two files for me.
You get:
Mentioned at the end of the video (real name or username, your choice)
I will create a link to your YouTube account (= bonus views for your channel)

If you would like to apply, please send me a message telling me your age and country. I will then send you a sample audio file with my horrible voice and a watermarked version of the video along with the text. I am also open for small improvements on the text if you think something sounds odd.
Please help me as I would really like to se the trailer be uploaded soon.
blue banana

Re: Looking for a Voice Actor (Brickfilm)

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 am

If you want something professional quality, go to fiverr.com. There are plenty of professional-quality narrator voices (like the ones you hear in movie trailers) that will record 60 seconds for you for $5.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Re: Looking for a Voice Actor (Brickfilm)

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 am

Hi blue banana!

I'm not English in origins (my native tongue is French), but I very fluent in English and I recently did voices characterization on two popular Brickfilms put together by my good friend MonsieurCaron:

Evil Mr. Gold
(I do all the voices in this one.)

Introducing LEGO Mr. Gold!
(I do the voice of the master of ceremony in this one)

Another advantage of working with me is that I can also translate your text in French. So you get both an English and a French version of your Brickfilm with pretty much the same voices.

So, if you're interested, just send me a PM.

P.S. I won't charge you anything. Just my name in the credits will be fine with me.

P.P.S. Darn! I just saw that you posted that more than a month ago. I guess you found someone by now. Oh well... At least I've putted my name out there... ;)
Daz Hoo

Return to General LEGO Discussions