Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lugnet and Peeron no longer updating set inventories

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Lugnet and Peeron no longer updating set inventories

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 am

This has been going on for a while, and I've seen relatively little about it, so I'm guessing not many people have been affected (which could account for a lack in updates), but has anyone else been bummed out by the sudden drop-off in update activity at Peeron and Lugnet in regard to set lists? I had been keeping track of my collection using those sites, but as of a few months ago, I switched to Brickset (which is arguably better anyway, so i guess that worked out).

Anyone know what the deal is? The admins at Lugnet and Peeron have been slow to update for years, but now activity seems to have just ceased.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Lugnet and Peeron no longer updating set inventories

Postby dWhisper » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm actually more shocked that you were still using Peeron...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Draykov » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 am

Ha ha. :) Well, it was more as a cross-reference thing for me than anything else. Once I got used to Brickset's approach, I found it to be far superior. That's been my primary collection logging method for the past 9 months or so.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby SuperDave » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 am

I noticed Peeron's dropoff as well. I used it to log individual elements (like things from LUGBulk). I'm not sure how to do that on Brickset.
SuperDave

Postby jeffrey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes, I did notice that as well when I tried to catch up on logging my sets on Peeron a little bit ago. It took me forever, but I created a second Bricklink account and parted out every set I have. Now I know exactly how many of every individual piece I have at my disposal.

Is there an easy way to transfer your set listings from Peeron to Brickset. I dread having to enter in every single set...
jeffrey

Postby SuperDave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm

There's a way, described somewhere on Brickset, to import loose parts/inventories from Peeron. However, when I tried it, I got some 2000 of 6000 parts to show up- not sure where the error is, and I definitely don't want to go through and figure out what transferred and what didn't, so I'm still inventorying loose parts on Peeron and sets on both Peeron and Brickset. Misery. Any/all help is welcome!
SuperDave

Return to General LEGO Discussions