Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What do you do when you find that opened set in the store?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

What do you do when you find that opened set in the store?

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:42 pm

It has probably happened to all of us at one time or another, so, what did you do? I always try to tell one of the employees, but they almost always give me the feeling that they think I did it! Today I just found 6864 at my local Fred Meyers, and it was hidden behind other sets, opened. I told the employee and we found a bag with a few parts and one of the henchmens head, but no body or other figs. There was also one of those tape pieces down the aisle from a different set, since 6864 had all of its. I ALSO saw the bag that Iron Man's helmet comes in next to the Quinjet's. I hate it when this happens!

So what do you do?
JonnyThunder3483

Re: What do you do when you find that opened set in the stor

Postby mikado » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:11 pm

not much you can do but tell the store people so they can send it to a salvage store. I recently bought a hulk helicarrier and someone open the box took all the figs cept loki retaped the bags and redid the box and i didnt notice it til i brought it home the scalpers are getting ridiculous, but what can you do when the minifigs can get you more money on ebay than the kit?
mikado

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 pm

I tell employees, or if it's 'hidden' I pull it out into the open so they'll see it.
I sometimes offer to buy it discounted, but they rarely take me up on the offer.
crazybirdman

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:37 pm

It is quite ridiculous now. I asked if they would give me a discount, since it was missing pieces and at least one minifig, but they sai all they could do was 10%. I would rather pay the 5 bucks and get it sealed. It was "hidden", which Is why I felt suspicious pulling it out, glancing in it, and taking it to an employee. Better yet, I rode my bike, so I had my helmet in a small backpack. Perfect day to find the open set, right? : )
JonnyThunder3483

Postby DocBlock » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:31 pm

There's actually a procedure for handling opened merchandise and officially we're supposed to make a report. However supervisors do on occasion give discounts to keep it from counting against us.
DocBlock

Return to General LEGO Discussions