Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Prices UK vs US: Why the difference in value?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Prices UK vs US: Why the difference in value?

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew why the US lego prices are identical to UK prices, just in dollars instead of pounds. To me this seems kind of unfair (though Aus has it even worse...). I understand that in the UK tax is included in RRP but not in the US but it ca't be that much more can it? For instance, the Hulk Helicarrier set, to me is steep at £49.99 but at $49.99 that's basically £30 ish. That's a far more reasonable price to my mind. Is it just the plain and simple fact that stuff in the UK is generally more expensive all over? Sorry if this sounds like a grouchy Brit grumblin' about darn Yanks gettin' all the cheap stuff :P but I am genuinely curious if anyone knows.
CaptainFordo

Re: Prices UK vs US: Why the difference in value?

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

I've missed this dead horse. Give this a read: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3229
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Prices UK vs US: Why the difference in value?

Postby CaptainFordo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 am

Heh thanks, I shoud've known it would've been covered before. Thanks for being so helpful though =)
CaptainFordo

Return to General LEGO Discussions