Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Canada Pricing -- Oops, they did it again!

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Lego Canada Pricing -- Oops, they did it again!

Postby Inzane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Fellow Canadians, have you seen the pricing on some of the new for 2012 sets? >:(

They've bumped the battle pack price up AGAIN to $15.99!! (those little sets should be like $10. Last year's $14.99 was already steep)
The new Tie Fighter is $70?!? Are they kidding?
$25 for the escape pod? :lol:
etc.

If you see the topics on their latest lego.com feedback survey, most of the customer feedback comments refer to pricing. Hmm...
Inzane

Re: Lego Canada Pricing -- Oops, they did it again!

Postby Rook » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:36 am

Looks like we'll have to start going south just to do Lego shopping. I mean really when you can save up to 30% just by driving for an hour or two!

$50 for a tank of gas. Even if it were only a mere 10% savings you buy $500 USD (yeah I know sound like a lot but when you think about it that's not even a whole theme line) and you've paid for your gas. :lol:
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby WarlordJHW » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:46 pm

money money money how sad :facepalm:
Gosh, is that Cheetos on your keyboard?
Spoiler: show
Kingdoms and Castles, what should I choose?
WarlordJHW

Postby Rook » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Did you even read the posts? :facepalm:

Your "spoiler" doesn't make sense, especially since the Kingdoms Theme is discontinued until they done with the LOTR Theme. ;)

Spoiler: hide
Kingdoms and Castles, what should I choose?
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby iPodwithnomusic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:11 pm

If you'd like to save yourselves some time, instead of driving to the US, you can order it from Barnes and Nobles for the US (non-inflated) prices, the shipping is only 6.49 for the first item and 2.49 for everyone after that. But if you are looking for a sale on LEGO, you'll probably have to drive there :(

I do, however, hate how high the prices are. Toys R Us is the US can still have %25 off sales even after their prices are so much lower! It doesn't make sense to me... When we have a %20 off sale in Canada, we are paying the US MSRP. It's so unfair.
iPodwithnomusic

Postby Legobrandon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm

I am planning to order a few things on Amazon.com and then ship to to Point Roberts, WA (Super, super small town). I am from Vancouver, BC and the drive to Pt. Roberts isn't too bad, and depending on the time of the day, the border wait times are usually less than 5 mins. Plus while I'm there I get some cheap gas too. lol. Gas is like $1.30/ litre her in Vancouver.
Legobrandon

Postby snwlprd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 am

Over the past few years I have just bought and shipped to a friend in the US, then when I do travel down, I bring it all back, has saved 100's of dollars.
snwlprd

Return to General LEGO Discussions