Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Merry Lego Christmas

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Merry Lego Christmas

Postby Andi » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:57 am

Merry Christmas, hope you have fun.

Did you get any Lego?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Re: Merry Lego Christmas

Postby Tohst » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:13 am

And Merry Christmas to you, too.

Nope, never get Lego. I've even stopped asking for it because I feel bad about friends and relatives paying full price (or more at TRU) when I can get the same thing on sale.

They always worry I'll have what they give me anyway and the whole concept of 'multiples are good' never really sinks in.

That isn't to say I don't get wonderful presents, just never Lego.

You get anything good?

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby Inzane » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:10 am

Merry Christmas to you too!

No Lego under the tree for me, but my wife had gotten me the SW advent calendar, so I've been enjoying that for the last 24 days, one little mini gift at a time.
Inzane

Postby Robzula » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:11 am

My brother got me 5766 Log Cabin. Kinda unexpected since we usually don't spend more than $10 on each other... and I bought him a My Little Pony doll. I'm such a great older brother (for the record, he does like the show but the toys are just awful).
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:30 am

Tohst wrote:
You get anything good?

I got myself the Millennium Falcon.
Then I got some nice little things from Derek via the FBTB Christmas Exchange.
And I parted the Pet Shop into 4 parts and gave mom, dad and my brother each a part. I thought that we maybe could sit all together and building it.
But that was a bad idea. My brother left soon to his girlfriend, mom takes too many pain killers right now for understanding the idea behind, and dad has too many problems with seeing the colors in the instructions.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Walter Boy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:26 pm

I received The Black Pearl this Christmas!

While it isn't the greatest Lego pirate ship ever designed, it is quite lovely considering it's my first real pirate vessal. I'd love to 'mod' it or redesign it completely for a more accurate and detailed ship, but for now I think I'll enjoy it's build and features.

Anyway, Merry Christmas! :D
Walter Boy

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Had a great christmas, but sadly, no LEGO for me. I got a few polybags in my stocking (Creator wreath, mini venator, HP lab), and I did land the LEGO PotC video game. Other than that, my only LEGO came through the FBTB gift exchange. I may have to take a trip by the LEGO store here before I fly back to my real life.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Drock » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:30 am

Christmas was a lot of fun this year. Hope all of yours were too. The LEGO that I got were:
Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers, Mace Windu's Starfighter, the PotC Captain's Cabin, and the special Santa/Fireplace set.
Drock

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:53 am

I got a Wampa Cave (which I hadn't been able to bring myself to shell out for, but I AM glad to get), and the Lighthouse Island Creator set, which is totally awesome (and will be even more so when LEGO sends me the extra piece I need to actually build all the models as pictured. Somehow they missed the fact, when putting the set together, that one of the pieces that gets a mirrored sticker for the lighthouse reflector is needed, WITHOUT a sticker on it, for the other two sets).

I gave all my sons LEGO this year, too. Star Wars minis, the small Mater set, and the Harry Potter luggage trolley set in the stockings, and Hagrid's Hut and a couple of Creator sets under the tree. My wife got no LEGO, unless you count the copy of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 that I gave her.
Mister Ed

Return to General LEGO Discussions