Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LegoLand Florida what to expect

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LegoLand Florida what to expect

Postby 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:02 am

Hi,

Not sure where to post this topic but general seems like a good place.

Some of you may notice this question on other Lego forums.

Any way can anyone who's been to a grand opening LegoLand tell me what to expect from it and if there is anything that will be offered that is unique that would be something to get or something in general to look out for?

Thanks for any information...
1brickshyofcrazy

Re: LegoLand Florida what to expect

Postby Walter Boy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 am

I've never been to any other LegoLand parks before, so I wasn't sure what to expect when visiting this one.

I can say that Miniland USA is awesome however, and the Florida scenes might be unique to this park. I didn't care for any of the rides really, except for the Dragon coaster. It has some awesome scenes made entirely out of Lego. :)

Mhuffman's photostream has some great shots of Miniland if you're interested.
Walter Boy

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:49 am

The Florida and Pirates clusters in Miniland are unique to this park. Kennedy Space Center and Daytona are also mostly unique, since Legoland California no longer has theirs and Billund's isn't as big (or fresh, since Florida's were built brand new.) Most of my job for the last two years was building for the Florida cluster, so I'm quite proud and attached to it.

I'd like to talk more about Legoland Florida, but at work we're waiting to find out what the best avenue for that will be.
Chief

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 pm

That Pirate area was amazing. The ships were beautiful! :)
Walter Boy

Return to General LEGO Discussions