Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

AFOLs in Alaska

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

AFOLs in Alaska

Postby das337 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

I just moved to Fairbanks, AK and I was wondering if there were any AFOLs in the Fairbanks area or Alaska in general. If there is enough interest I am hoping to start the first Alaska LUG.
das337

Re: AFOLs in Alaska

Postby lowlead » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:56 am

Hmm...looks like no AFOL activity in your new frontier home yet. I was watching this thread for activity, as I visit Anchorage on a somewhat regular basis, but Fairbanks!! BRRRRR!! Where does one acquire LEGO locally out there, anyway?
lowlead

Postby das337 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I actually just moved from Anchorage, that was where I originally planed to start a LUG. I am not surprised that there is not much activity in Fairbanks, but I was inspired when I heard about a annual LEGO contest at the fair here that gets a fair number of entries from AFOLs. Unfortunately I have no means to contact any of them and none of them seem to be involved in the online community. Guess I will have to wait until next year's fair...
LEGO is pretty easy to come buy up here, we have a Fred Meyer that has some fairly good regular sales, I have scored some old Toy Story and Hero Factory MOC fodder at nice prices, and of course there is always bricklink.
das337

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:11 pm

I don't know if you still read this, since this is an old thread, but I live in Juneau Alaska. We have a few stores with LEGO, Fred Meyer, Walmart, Costco (during Christmas), and two or three small locally owned stores that have a few LEGO sets. I hope I'm doing this right, since I'm new. :S
By the way, are you the admin of arcticLUG?
JonnyThunder3483
JonnyThunder3483

Return to General LEGO Discussions