Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO CUUSOO program in beta

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO CUUSOO program in beta

Postby onions » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:02 pm

that japanese program that brought us the shinkai sub, CUUSOO, is now in beta for the rest of the world. brickjournal put up an article with some details on its origins.

the beta site is here:

http://lego.cuusoo.com

the one notable change from the original cuusoo program to the current beta is that it now takes 10,000 votes to see a project turn to reality, up from 1,000 in the japan-only market version of the program.

this should prove to be very interesting. my guess is that licensed theme set wishes are off the table.... maybe. just a guess. but i'm pretty sure that if something like a UCS AT-AT were ever to make it to the wishlist, it would easily get the 10,000 votes needed.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: LEGO CUUSOO program in beta

Postby hondaboy945 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 pm

I can't wait to see some of the submissions. Also I have been tinkering with a few ideas.
hondaboy945

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 am

The terms of use is a pretty rough read, but basically you can't submit anything that isn't your intellectual property. If you do and they get sued over it you get to foot the bill. So avoid that. Also, for whatever you submit, you give away all your rights to the idea in exchange for 1% of sales if it's ever produced. So even though I think it's a great program, I won't be putting Walter up there or anything. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Draykov » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Brothers Brick just did an article on this. Sounds nifty...I guess it's just recently been opened up to the unwashed masses sans invite?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby jamie75 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 am

It would be nice if some of the older, bigger Star Wars models were to get built in this program.

Like some Gareth's models, his AT-AT, RGS, or his TIE Bomber.

Reto's, Sith Infiltrator AT-TE or PepaQuin's ACR-170.

But, they would have to submit them and I haven't seen any of them around in a long time, but, this is coming from someones who has been around here for a while.

Jamie
Please support my Ewok Village: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21668
jamie75

Return to General LEGO Discussions