Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO employees have the coolest business cards ever!

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO employees have the coolest business cards ever!

Postby meeotch » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 am

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/02/l ... ess-c.html

As if I needed another reason to think that working for LEGO would be the most awesome job imaginable, Alexander Kjerulf just blew my mind with these customized minifig business cards that LEGO employees get.

Reportedly, LEGO even attempts to match an employee's features with their own minifigs. I think we've got a winner for the coolest business card ever.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Re: LEGO employees have the coolest business cards ever!

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:09 pm

In case anyone wondered, coolness is inversely proportional to practicality. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby natelite » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:48 pm

didn't lego say it's expensive to print directly to bricks? while it's cool to give out mfs as cards it's lots more expensive than cards. the medium itself is already expensive, and printing on paper vs printing on bricks? d'oh... i'm not so sure this is such a good idea. what if there was a mistake? reprint? white out and write over it? :lol:

i would prefer if they use that expense to give me printed bricks instead of stickers for my sets! XD

p.s. of course this opinion would change if i were working for tlg! ;)
natelite

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Uhg. This has absolutely no correlation to the printed parts issue. :roll:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby AlternativeRadio » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Uhg. Making an honest mistake like thinking the cost to print on a lego torso and printing on a brick are the same is soooo irritating. ;)
AlternativeRadio

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Yes, actually, dragging a dead horse into an unrelated topic is irritating - honest mistake or not. :p
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Iare Tosevite » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm

If you needed some proof of Lego coolness... there it is. :D

Nice indeed. Expecially considering comparing price of paper vs plastic. :P ( Awful pun... )
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Jettbacca » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Those are awesome.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby donneyboy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:16 am

natelite wrote:didn't lego say it's expensive to print directly to bricks? while it's cool to give out mfs as cards it's lots more expensive than cards. the medium itself is already expensive, and printing on paper vs printing on bricks? d'oh... i'm not so sure this is such a good idea. what if there was a mistake? reprint? white out and write over it? :lol:

i would prefer if they use that expense to give me printed bricks instead of stickers for my sets! XD

p.s. of course this opinion would change if i were working for tlg! ;)

Well, those printed pieces are only for the hand full of employees, so If they would print parts for sets, that is millions of parts, so I want to work for lego.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby legoguy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:04 pm

I need to meet a LEGO employee who can give me one of their minifig business "cards." It's different things like this that really make me enjoy my LEGO collection.

I have a couple of the employee giveaway keychains that I won off ebay, and I'm always looking for other different LEGO items.
legoguy

Postby fragment » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:56 am

the store employees have these? Insane! Awesome! How many do they get to give out???
fragment

Postby Duckman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Imagine the corporate meetings :lol: I can see it now... Lego rep pulls out his 'wallet' only to accidentally drop his 'business cards' on the floor, and 100 mini figs smash onto the floor and across the room.... :x
Duckman

Return to General LEGO Discussions