Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Themes Do You Want Made?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: What Themes Do You Want Made?

Postby jeremybwilson » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 am

Halo.

It is a travesty (IMHO) that Halo ended up going to Mega Blocks in the first place. Probably more to do with Microsoft marketing types $crew!ng the pooch than anything else.
jeremybwilson

Postby ka.lego » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Wizard of Oz - No license required!

City: Amusement Park - Different sets for different rides and/or pavilions.

City: Grocery Store - Not the most exciting, but why not?

G.I. Joe - Not really in-brand and the movie pretty much killed the franchise, but talk about cool vehicles and minifigs...

Space Cowboys / Space Ninjas - We've got Space Police...why not something a little more adventurous.

cyberSpace - Create a theme that takes place in a computer or in "cyberspace" a la Reboot.

Mega Man - Don't know why I didn't say this earlier...maybe someone else did? Sorry if I'm repeating, but this series has tons of LEGO possbilities.

Dance Theme - Something that does for Dancing what the LEGO NBA series did for basketball. Shows/Movies like America's Best Dance Crew, Glee (to a certain extent), Step Up, Dancing w the Stars, etc. are more and more popular. I'd love to see LEGO do something fun with this. Maybe exaggerate it a la Bust a Groove with fantastic settings and dancers.

Ultraman - Okay, not likely for mass consumption, but cool as all hell.
Last edited by ka.lego on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ka.lego

Postby onions » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 pm

ka.lego wrote:Wizard of Oz - No license required!

oh em gee, all the classics that are in the public domain! wizard of oz, alice in wonderland, cinderella, beauty and the beast. i mean talk about creating a line that can appeal to girls/females/chicks. bantha poodoo. lego NEEDS to do this like yesteryear.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Skafte » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:23 am

Hasn't Disney bought the rights to that stuff?
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby Isaac5 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 am

even if they had, we already have a deal with disney.
Isaac5

Postby mdilthey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am

I really liked, and wouldn't mind a remake or a similar line:

Western (Including Native Americans)
Pirates NOT aimed at under-10's
Monsters (Zombies, Mad Scientists, Ghosts, Etc.- Lego does this well, but not often)
Johnny Thunder- Time for a new installment!
UCS Historical Planes

Everything else, you are NOT obligated to read. it's novella-style, baby!

I really liked the following ideas from other users:

Lego ft. a Female protagonist, double-life or whatever. Sounds great. Get girls involved more and the toy (and our nation's ladies) flourishes.
Lego History- Especially interested to see the Great Inventors, Tesla and Edison, etc.

I really want to see:

Less guns excluding flint-lock pistols and cannons in pre-20th century sets. Can't do westerns without a few Colts, but I don't need a minifig-replica sub-machine gun like the Batman sets had.
Less Licensing (Prince of Persia seemed unnecessary and sell-out)
More under 10$ sets, even if they're pieces-scarce or if they don't have a special function besides being just a truck or a plane. The 1-20$ line has died in the prices hike over the last 15 or so years, there used to be a page of them in Lego magazine when I was a kid. I'm sure you can find a way to make minimalist sets that Moms and Dads can bring home to the kids for no occasion, or as an excuse to make a Lemonade stand for a few hours.

Kudos
mdilthey

Postby onions » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:41 am

Skafte wrote:Hasn't Disney bought the rights to that stuff?

you can't buy rights to something that is in the public domain
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby legomatt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I have another idea to go along with earlier suggestions of World History (Rome/Egypt/Greece) & Ghostbusters...

HIGHWAYMEN (the romanticised legendary view, as popularised through TV and Film) Circa 18th Century England/Europe

Inspired by Dikk Turpin & Black Bess, The Wicked Lady, Sweeney Todd, and other notable ne-erdowells of Ye Olde Englande, Henry Fiedling's Bow Street Runners, mercenary gangs of unsavoury Thief-Takers, Stage Coaches, Coaching Inns, Dark dank Jails, Escape The Gallows, and various Tales of Derringdo, featuring courageous swashbucklers, pistols at dawn, evil landlords & damsels in distress, leaping from bedchambers (for no particular reason), hiding in haylofts, and the inevitable pursuit of the master's hired guns. Classic fun with some gorgeous ye olde architecture replete with wooden beams and claustrophobic back streets, old country roads, sprawling manors, toothless washer-women, street urchins, and a village idiot...

Stand and Deliver, your Lego or your Wife!

:D

I misspelled Dikk because it got replaced by 'rooster'! LOL
legomatt

Postby Harmonica » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 am

Star Trek, totally.
Assassin's Creed would make for sweet minifigs, maybe a few buildings. Very unlikely, though.
Harmonica

Postby xwingyoda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:15 am

There are so many things I would love to see:

* More city sub themes: marine, divers, zoo, circus...
* A new Monster theme
* Historical based themes (like a certain German brand)
* More iconic "UCS" builodings like the Eiffel RTower, Tower bridge..

* Last but not least: I want a japanimation license theme :p starting with Captain Harlock: MF sized Arcadia + all its small ships + humanoids ships. That has so much potential, I've bveen wanting something like that for so many years. And off course a UCS Arcadia.
There are so many cool japanimation out there that could be amazing in bricks ;)
xwingyoda

Postby onions » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:10 am

people still call it "japanimation"?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby xwingyoda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:31 am

onions wrote:people still call it "japanimation"?

In France which is a big japanese products' consummer, we do use the term japanimation a lot. I know the correct term for Captain Harlock would be animé since its not based on a manga, but I stayed more general.
How would you call it in the US ?
xwingyoda

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:43 am

Anime here. It's always been my perception that "japanimation" is a borderline slur due to the "jap" part of it. That might not actually be the case, but I personally avoid using it whenever possible on principle. Other than that, anything besides anime just sounds wrong to me.

m19
Morgan19

Postby xwingyoda » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:52 am

Ah thanks Morgan for the explenation ;) In France there is absolutly not that connotation. Duly noted, I shall use the term anime then.
xwingyoda

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:42 am

Would anyone like to collate a list of the popular themes suggested here so far?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby JWbrick » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:31 pm

How about He-Man!
Voltron!
G I Joe!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
I am giddy about the possibilities!
JWbrick

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Morgan19 wrote: It's always been my perception that "japanimation" is a borderline slur due to the "jap" part of it.

Wait, what? I never even figured there was a "jap" part of it (at least any more than there is a "jap" part to the word "Japan"). It contains the complete words "Japan" and "animation" overlapping to make a new, descriptive term. Maybe it depends on how you pronounce it. If you said "jap-animation" that would sound worse than "Japan-imation" (though I've never heard it pronounced any way but the latter).
Mister Ed

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Classic Movie Cars, at or around the scale of the small Creator cars. BTTF DeLorean, Ecto 1, 60's Batmobile, Blues-Mobile... and so on.

Space Exploration, cargo cruisers, exploration vehicles, mining vehicles, moon bases. Futuristic Sci-fi designs. Different style than Space Police III. Let's get the Rock Raiders helmet incorporated in some new colors too.

Mercenaries, similar to the RES-Q or Alpha Team lines. A squad of agents with awesome vehicles. Black and purple color scheme. They get hired to fight super-villains and rescue people. Not like Agents.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Mister Ed wrote:Wait, what?

Yes, I realize that. But I linked to that other thread for a reason-- it pretty much sums up the debate and the possible interpretation of the phrase, which is unfortunately how I've always heard it used and why, thus, I choose not to use it.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Draykov » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Solo wrote:Would anyone like to collate a list of the popular themes suggested here so far?

Hail Space!
Draykov

PreviousNext

Return to General LEGO Discussions