Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Themes Do You Want Made?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: What Themes Do You Want Made?

Postby Marty » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:31 pm

To add a bit more to this post, one of the things that I was reminded of was that most of these sets are for boys and my daughter loves playing dolls houses mainly with the basic bricks as there are really very few of the minifigures. Sets apart from city that she likes playing with, so this got me thinking.

What about a true minifigure doll house, based on a family, with the car, boat, caravan etc. How they handle the holiday seasons, baby arriving that kind of thing, sounds silly, but kids love that kind of thing.
But don't use Barbie, Dora or any of the rest, for obvious reasons?

Now back to the good stuff,

Aliens (use 1 & 2 movies only)
Stringray, like thunderbirds but under the sea?
Circus with bigtop, animal acts etc
A Christmas carol theme, love to see this.
Olimpic sports theme, different countries, different events, and medals at the end.
Oh, Oscar night (I'm kidding!)
Marty

Postby ~SpyFlops » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 pm

I agree completely with the Ancient Greece/Romans theme. That Spartan is <3
Also, Lego partnering with Nintendo could turn out awesome. Metroid, Super Mario, F-Zero... the possibilities, people!
~SpyFlops

Postby galvin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:44 pm

JuanBlase wrote:SIMPSONS!!!! Absolutely must have!!!

This would be EPIC!!!

The number of minifigs and environments would be insane...
galvin

Postby xanister » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Definitely LEGO Doctor Who, the fans already make their own minifigs why not give them the proper stuff to work with.
xanister

Postby dexterminator » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:26 pm

i would like a Marvel theme (other super heroes could be cool too like superman or the return of batman but marvel seems more likely since Disney and Lego are alreay together) also i would like a Lord of the Rings theme, which seems possible seeing as Lego may make Hobbit game and the Hobbit movie would gain intrest in the theme.
dexterminator

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:44 pm

James Bond
'60s-era Batman
'50s-era UFO stuff or future technology as predicted then (I want my flying cars!)
Australian Outback (cowboys, horses, kangaroos, crocs, koalas, not quite sure what the conflict would be though)
TRON (both original and Legacy)
More Architecture sets or landmark sets like Tower Bridge, Eiffel Tower, Taj Majal
Classic Space style sets
Mountain Climbers (climbers, sherpas, yeti, other animals)
Olympic sets could be a possibility.
How about various rock bands? LEGO Beatles, Stones, Elvis, etc.
Disaster movie sets - Towering Inferno, etc.
A CITY courtroom (ok, that's not that exciting, but budding lawyers would like it)
Road construction - cones, equipment, guys in hardhats doing nothing, etc. :)

If I think of more, I'll add them later.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby r4-g9 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:48 pm

a lego school theme, with math, science, and humanities, text books(new designs), back pack(new design), lockers(new peice), musical instraments(new designs), new hair peices, teachers, a school, and some school buses!
r4-g9

Postby THX 1138 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Star Trek would be really cool. I'd also like to see more classic space themes revived, like Blacktron or Ice Planet 2002. After seeing some of the other suggestions, I also think some kind of 50s/60s based theme with UFOs could be cool. A steampunk-ish theme would also be quite awesome. I also think that a Halo theme would be great, although it would be next to impossible, since Megablox has the license now. One idea I have for a theme that could involve many licensed theme people want would be some kind of theme that makes sets from lots of different movies, with one set based on each movie. It could have things like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, James Bond, etc (knowing Lego's love for vehicle based sets, most of them would probably be movies that involve vehicles - not that I'd have too much of a problem with that).
Last edited by THX 1138 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby Dendo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Bring back Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Dendo

Postby HoosierZephyr » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 pm

I think that the Ancient Greece/Romans theme would be good. Maybe more on the Mythology side though.
I would like to see something like an Air Pirate theme. Battle Zeppelins and fighters kind of like "Crimson Skies."
I think StarGate could be good but I wonder how profitable it would be. That would be more of an adult aimed theme I think.
The problem with some of the ideas I can think of is that they are really gearing these towards kids. That is still their bread and butter. I have a lot of ideas but they may not sell well.
HoosierZephyr

Postby The Brain » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Definitely a Nintendo theme; there's sooooooooooo much potential there.

For some reason, I specifically thought of Starfox when I thought of the Nintendo theme. I know they haven't done much with it lately, but the thought of awesome, well-built minifig-scale Arwing makes my nerd heart palpitate.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby 3brent » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 pm

A couple of Battlestar Galactica votes were cast earlier--one for the 80s version and one for either (new or old) version. To me, the new BSG is a must: the Cylon Centurions, Vipers, and Raiders are screaming for a Lego line, not to mention Galactica itself, some of the civilian ships, and others...
3brent

Postby jsnweitzel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm not an AFOL, my 6 year old son loves legos.
I think some of these ideas are great but would not appeal to children.

I love the mythology idea as long as it doesn't focus on one type. Lots of cool monsters, etc.. that kids may not know yet but would buy because they look great. Minotuar & Centaur!
I think the history idea is a great one. This is such a broad theme you could include almost anything; western, roman, pirates, knights.
I love the Nintendo idea. So many possibilities.
Marvel Superheroes!!
Halloween!!

My personal wish that will never happen would be '80's G.I.Joe. Not the new movie version.
jsnweitzel

Postby Witebobafett99 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Well I think maybe something like Blacktron 3 or maybe Tron like that new movie. Maybe your right The Brain, like Mario.
Witebobafett99

Postby Raequan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Top Three on my wishlist,
1. Jurassic Park
2. (Return of) Western
3. Ancient Greece/Rome
Raequan

Postby Blacknight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Final Fantasy, specifically 7. Also a proper return of the feudal Japan samurai theme, not that weird Ninja-Go thing they've trying next year.
Blacknight

Postby Forrest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm

UCS stile replicas from Pink Floyd The Wall, like the evil flower monster things, the puppet, the evil teacher, the mother, the scorpion wife monster, a WW2 stile fighter plane with the crossed hammers logo on the side, random stuff from the animations, the "judge"...Or they could do what they did with the Star Wars figs, sell them in packs of 3 with their own little sections of the wall...I can imagine fans doing back flips for these. XD
Pink Floyd or bust.
Forrest

Postby vynsane » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I would like to see Classic Space and/or Blacktron revisited.

I also like the idea of taking the CITY theme and making it 500 years in the future, no conflict, just life in the big city in the year 2510. Aliens and humans living together.

That said, I like the idea someone had about 'aliens among us' - got my brain-gears turning, that one...

As for licensed themes, I wrote a letter to TLG when I was a kid and I still stand by my conviction that Ghostbusters would be an AWESOME theme idea. They told me they didn't license properties and prided themselves on coming up with original themes. :lol:
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Forrest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm

vynsane wrote:I would like to see Classic Space and/or Blacktron revisited.

I also like the idea of taking the CITY theme and making it 500 years in the future, no conflict, just life in the big city in the year 2510. Aliens and humans living together.

That said, I like the idea someone had about 'aliens among us' - got my brain-gears turning, that one...

As for licensed themes, I wrote a letter to TLG when I was a kid and I still stand by my conviction that Ghostbusters would be an AWESOME theme idea. They told me they didn't license properties and prided themselves on coming up with original themes. :lol:

Haha, I tried that with Mars Attacks, and they said they couldn't. Then, out of the blue... Mars Mission!
Pink Floyd or bust.
Forrest

Postby jd-83 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 am

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
jd-83

PreviousNext

Return to General LEGO Discussions