Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO 2010 Revealed At Canadian Toy Fair

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO 2010 Revealed At Canadian Toy Fair

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Kris Abel from CTV.ca attended the Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair in Toronto, Ontario. He has posted pics of most if not all of the current and upcoming releases for all themes on this blog post. Highlights include new Castle, new theme World Racers, and a preview of the Disney Cars Duplo line.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/03/lego-2010-revealed-at-canadian-toy-fair/
Staff

Postby KarolRabalski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Hooray for better shots of the new Star Wars sets! The board games also seem like a cool idea, especially if they come up with original games. Actually, even if the games are just new versions of other board games, its so much more awesome because it's LEGO! And the kingdom looks great, like they're going back to the classic sets we once new a while ago. There's no super crazy wizards and trolls, just good old knights. Again...STAR WARS!!! Yaaay!

Quick Question: What does it take to get to one of these fairs, do I have to be a reporter or something special?
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Re: LEGO 2010 Revealed At Canadian Toy Fair

Postby Darth Jokar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Not bad so far. Ill wait for better pic's from the NYC toyfare. They'll have better pic's. But the sets dont look to bad.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby CaptainPike » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:18 pm

The games look quite interesting.
The Duplo Cars look identical to last year's MegaBloks Cars. No Surprise.
But I am surprised Power Miners is still going. The initial series was fun but how many green digging machines do we need?
World Racers looks like a winner. Combining Minis with wacky vehicles should do well. I smell a video game tie in.
CaptainPike

Postby RogueJedi007 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

I am looking forward to more Space Police! That new Space Police ship looks goofy but the Space Limo set looks really nice and comes with a new alien! But the Police station set looks like another weak playset in the SP3 line. :-/
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Postby Prince Kahuka » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 pm

What's up with the Space Police set named "Citadel of Orlan?" It looks nothing like my Citadel of Orlan:
Prince Kahuka

Postby Jargon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 pm

I am loving the purple fedora on the Space Police villain.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby banthafodder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Some of the new alien heads are looking pretty good especially the space Huggy Bear and the fish headed guy. Intergalactic Starsky and Hutch, Awesome. Where's the Torino.
banthafodder

Postby Model Gal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:43 pm

What I don't get is why they have Racers and World Racers. That just seems like doing the same thing twice. I've never been much of a fan of the racer line to begin with, but this is just ridiculous.
Model Gal

Postby Jargon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm going to have to disagree, Model Gal. The two lines are not that similar to each other.
The World Racers have minifigures, presumably a storyline, and are much more fantastical than the miniscale Racers.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Robzula » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:54 pm

World Racers looks like Agents 2.0 with less color coding.

I'd say it's a pass for me.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby jedi_master_sal » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:55 am

CaptainPike wrote:...But I am surprised Power Miners is still going. The initial series was fun but how many green digging machines do we need?...

Shut your mouth! LOL (Said jovially and sarcastically)

Heh, I LOVE the Power Miners line. And it's helped to get me to buy other LEGOs I woud have otherwise passed on.

You may not want more digging machines, but I can't get enough of them. I find these sets very interesting, unique and imaginative for the most part. Redundant minifigs is my only major complaint. But LEGO has made some changes there by making the new armored miners for lava mining. (2010 PM theme)

Besides, there are only 4 new sets of PM planned for this year and two of those are already out. Don't worry, they won't be clogging up space for other lines.
jedi_master_sal

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Prince Kahuka wrote:What's up with the Space Police set named "Citadel of Orlan?" It looks nothing like my Citadel of Orlan

There's always the possibility that it's a misguided homage to the original (in name only), but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because it's a PRELIMINARY image. Could be they just slapped on a temporary name from an existing set because it used the same font on the box art. Notice that 5983 says "US prod name."
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Faulconbridge » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 pm

My kids will be excited about these. My six year old would like the new battle packs and the Wampa set. My three year old loves Cars, but I don't know if we'll buy many of the Duplo. We've got a few Thomas sets and they take up a lot of space. Plus, he's got a couple dozen of the die cast Cars. Of course, he'd like the Racers too, so he might go for those instead.
"It's just a game!"
"Not anymore."
Faulconbridge

Postby donneyboy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:44 pm

The battle packs are out now. Wal Mart should have them for $10.96 or something like that.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Stylin291 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Great... just what I need is ANOTHER snow-speeder which I'm inevitably going to have to buy because I want a Wampa and Hoth Luke fig. It's an unnecessary vehicle that'll add 20 dollars to what could have been a reasonably priced set.
Stylin291

Postby Draykov » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:43 am

Stylin291 wrote:Great... just what I need is ANOTHER snow-speeder which I'm inevitably going to have to buy because I want a Wampa and Hoth Luke fig. It's an unnecessary vehicle that'll add 20 dollars to what could have been a reasonably priced set.

You should be flattered that the LEGO group knows you so well. ;)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to General LEGO Discussions