Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Attention US Registered LUGs: LUGBULK now available

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Attention US Registered LUGs: LUGBULK now available

Postby Draykov » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:58 pm

More details over at Eurobricks. If you have a registered LUG and can follow rules, you may be able to get something going for your LUG.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Attention US Registered LUGs: LUGBULK now available

Postby Solo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:10 pm

You see, this is precisely why I suggested last night that the Ambassador program needs email announcements when new information is posted.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 pm

We over at QuéLUG were able to order the first time around (since our LUG is located in Canada), and I have to say that, although it's a bit complicated to organize an order, it's really worth the trouble IMHO. Even with the shipping and taxes, most of the bricks were only a fraction of the price you see on Shop At Home's PAB.
Daz Hoo

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm

If only there was a LUG around here. :(
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:07 am

GIR3691 wrote:If only there was a LUG around here. :(

How about starting one? All you need to do is to find a couple of other LEGO fans in your area. You would be surprised how many people you can find in your area that, just like you, are LEGO fans, but just never heard of LUGs before.
Daz Hoo

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 am

I've considered it...
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Bonedaddy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:34 am

I've been looking around for LUG i my area as well and this was first thing i found, dont know if you've checked it out already but here is the link.
http://www.nelug.org/
Bonedaddy

Postby legodavee123 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah, I've been a NELUG member since the club founded in 1999-- there are a LOT of people in the New England area who are into LEGO.

NELUG is an 18+ club (liability reasons), and we have a yearly membership fee of $20 (many reasons). And you have to be a resident of New England, or to have been a member in previous years (if no longer residing in New England).

As for starting a club, that won't help you immediately for the LUGBULK program, though it may help for NEXT year. You have to:
- have at least 10 members (16+, I think)
- have existed for at least 1 year
- do at least 2 public events per year
- have an official webpage

I'd suggest joining NELUG, if possible, although depending on where you are (sounds like you're in Connecticut?), there are some clubs in New York and New Jersey as well that may also work (LUCNY and GardenSLUG, as I recall?).

DaveE
legodavee123

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah, I have looked at NELUG. It seems to cover way too much area and the site doesn't show a lot of activity. I guess everything only shows up if you register? I might try it out.

I have toyed around (haha!) with the idea of starting a LUG based in CT. The requirements for the bulk program are a little daunting though. I don't really have the time to host meetings, organize public displays and run a website right now.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby legodavee123 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:38 am

GIR3691 wrote:Yeah, I have looked at NELUG. It seems to cover way too much area and the site doesn't show a lot of activity. I guess everything only shows up if you register?

Yeah, we don't always update the public "blog" part of the site, sadly. We do a meeting every month-- typically at one of the LEGO stores in MA, followed by dinner. Occasionally we'll have other member events like BrikWars or gatherings at the NH Millyard, or (seems to be more frequent now than in the past) various things in Enfield. We've been doing 2 Greenberg train shows every year starting in late 2000, and have expanded to a few other regular annual train shows since. We also helped participate in last year's KidsFest in Hartford, which will supposedly be a recurring event.

Anyway, the majority of the activity has tended to be in the greater Boston area, although western MA and CT have been getting more popular as venues.

DaveE
legodavee123

Postby meeotch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 pm

GIR3691 wrote:I have toyed around (haha!) with the idea of starting a LUG based in CT. The requirements for the bulk program are a little daunting though. I don't really have the time to host meetings, organize public displays and run a website right now.

You might not, but maybe if you get the ball rolling and put out some feelers, there may be a couple of people willing to share in those responsibilities.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Return to General LEGO Discussions