Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Great Parts Conspiracy

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: The Great Parts Conspiracy

Postby Draykov » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:27 am

Drock wrote: Are there any new sets yet that utilize the "Round with Handle?"

So far, just 3367, the new City/Spaceport shuttle. I don't know if the plan is to continue using 89762 for transparent parts and the handled version for solid colors, or what.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Iare Tosevite » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Interesting varations! I didn't see any of those. But then I don't buy many sets lately.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby cas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 pm

It looks like the new handled windscreen is used for canopy in the upcoming Naboo Starfighter as seen in the clearer pic at Eurobricks. I just hope it holds in place completely. My problem with these handled windscreens, mainly the one from the Imperial V-wing, is it doesn't hold shut completely, there is often a tiny gap between the body of the ship and the windscreen.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Drock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 am

cas wrote:It looks like the new handled windscreen is used for canopy in the upcoming Naboo Starfighter as seen in the clearer pic at Eurobricks. I just hope it holds in place completely. My problem with these handled windscreens, mainly the one from the Imperial V-wing, is it doesn't hold shut completely, there is often a tiny gap between the body of the ship and the windscreen.

Yeah, I see it now. Sounds like this is the new trend, even for SW sets. Should be easy enough to mod though.
Drock

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:54 pm

I got a groovy 1x2 jumper plate with my 9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing. Literally. Of the two red jumper plates in the set one is "normal" and the other has a groove just like tiles have had for the last 30 years.

Much of my late 1970s childhood LEGO had 1x2 and 2x2 tiles without groove and I have often wondered why LEGO then added the groove to regular tiles but not to the jumper plate. It seems they have "fixed" that now.

According to BrickLink part 3794b has been around since 2009 as an alternate, but this is the first one I've ever come across.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby Draykov » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 am

Just stumbled across these reverse bracket pieces that Chris Giddens' (AKA Fazoom) had posted in his Flickr gallery. Apparently, he found them in LDD. I then ran to LDD to confirm their existence, and sure enough, there they were as "angular plate 1.5 bot. 1.2 x 1/2" and "angular plate 1.5 bot. 1.2 x 2/2" respectively.

ImageImage
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Tomahawker » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:26 pm

There are 6 of the first one in dark bley in set 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape.
Tomahawker

Postby Solo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Those look very handy.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Indeed.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby dWhisper » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 am

1-tall come in several avengers sets. the 2-tall come in the Quinjet.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Previous

Return to General LEGO Discussions