Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Online LEGO Survey + results from the last one

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Latest LEGO AFOL survey

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:32 am

(Can't believe I'm doing Don's job again... :p)

I heard that LEGO is conducting yet another survey to learn more about the community.

As members of FBTB, I'm sure your input would be greatly appreciated.

Click here to fill out the survey.

Don thanks you very much. XD
Daz Hoo

Re: Latest LEGO AFOL survey

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:50 am

Ugh... I forgot to mention removing the $10 base from LDD. :facepalm:
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 pm

I do hope people are responding to this as they do ask if you want the Star Wars lego license continued and more star wars sets. Don't know if it makes much difference but I feel that I have done my lego(s) :p patriotic duty by clicking buttons.
banthafodder

New Online LEGO Survey + results from the last one

Postby Staff » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 pm

The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You!

As Adult or Teenage Fans of LEGO, you bring an important perspective to the LEGO Group.  We respect your creativity and passion for the LEGO brand.

Since December 2008, we have done quarterly online surveys to learn more about the needs and wishes of global AFOL (defined as ages 20+) and TFOL (defined as ages 13-19) communities. For your information, we have listed the key findings from the latest survey in July 2009 below. Now we ask you to take the survey again. It include some of the same questions, but also a set of new questions for you.

Please take a few moments to complete this short online survey to let us know your opinion about the LEGO Group.

You might notice that the link refers to the LEGO Kids Inner Circle; this is because Satmetrix, which hosts that site, is also supporting our efforts to track AFOL/TFOL opinions.  Rest assured that this survey is for AFOL’s and TFOLs only.

Here are some of the key findings from the July 2009 survey:

• The survey was completed by 4800 AFOLs and TFOLs. 32% of respondents were TFOLs, 68% was AFOLs. When asked about likeliness to recommend LEGO products and services to friends and family, AFOLs are (consistent with the previous surveys) more likely to recommend than TFOLs. When asked what the LEGO Group can do to improve willingness to recommend, most frequent answers center around request for products and benefit/recognition programs targeted specifically to AFOLs and TFOLs.

• In this survey we asked some questions specifically about BrickJournal. The reason for this is that the LEGO Group has been providing start up support for taking BrickJournal to a printed Magazine and together with Joe Meno and his publisher Tomorrows, we are interested in getting feedback from the AFOL/TFOL community. Here’s what we learned:

o    High awareness among adults, but there is work to be done with teens!  BrickJournal has 70% awareness among AFOL’s, but less than half of TFOL’s have heard of it.

o    Of those aware of BrickJournal, however, only 20% have acquired a printed copy.

o    On a scale of 1-4, with 4 the high score, readers gave BrickJournal an average score 3.13.  Only 14% of fans gave it a score less than 3.

o    BrickJournal has some ways to go before being truly international. For those who did not purchase a copy of BrickJournal, almost half cited how difficult it is to get as the top reason for not buying a copy yet.

Thank you,

The LEGO Community Team
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/11/12/new-online-lego-survey-results-from-the-last-one/
Staff

Re: New Online LEGO Survey + results from the last one

Postby yankeeken » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Thanks for the update Don.

I was glad to see that "Improve quality of currently Chinese-produced elements such as minifig collector/battle packs and magnets" was an already made option in the new survey.
yankeeken

Postby onions » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

odd, i didnt get the star wars related question. was it one of the write in answers?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby yankeeken » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 pm

I didn't see the Star Wars related question either. I guess its just the luck of the draw.
yankeeken

Postby GrayMattR » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:03 am

That was an odd survey because the most important questions are user-generated so it's unlikely that any question will be considered as a high ranking pick. Not to be cynical, but it just guarantees that the results will say to TLG some people are interested in X and Y but everything is pretty low so we must be doing a great job.
GrayMattR

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:36 pm

I agree. The way the survey is constructed, I don't think TLG will get any valuable data out of it.

It looks more like the type of survey companies put out there to say "We care about what you think", but constructed so they don't have to change anything after they get the results.
Daz Hoo

Return to General LEGO Discussions