Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO on TV and Film 2.0?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO on TV and Film 2.0?

Postby bobalego » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:33 pm

So on Sarah Connor Chronicles the 'John Henry' A.I. that Ellison talks to was playing with Bionicle and remarking about how much better ball and socket joints are then hinge joints. He mentioned the LEGO TOA by name and in full detail, you have to see it, it was very funny and kinda freaky...
bobalego

Re: LEGO on TV and Film 2.0? Terminator + Bionicle

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Someone just asked about this. ;)

But, I remember this discussion from the previous forum... http://fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9860 So go on and continue. I know there has got to be more. :D
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: LEGO on TV and Film 2.0? Terminator + Bionicle

Postby bobalego » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 pm

This past Friday's episode of T:SCC had "John Henry" playing with his Bionicle Toa again...perhaps, in a future episode he should play with the NXT sets and then go to work at LEGO in software development for LEGO NXT 3.0...
bobalego

Lego on South Park

Postby theDude » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:59 pm

I was watching the making of South Park special tonight, "6 days to air" I think it was called, and there was a brief segment that showed Trey Parker with the Death Star playset "waiting to be built" he said, and he was holding one of the snowspeeders while talking about how it helps him to take his mind off writing the show. He also had a motorized AT-AT on the shelf. Pretty cool.
theDude

Re: LEGO on TV and Film 2.0?

Postby Draykov » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:01 am

I don't know if the movie will be worth watching, but in this trailer for "Tower Heist" there is a scene where the main characters hatch a cunning plan using a replica of their would-be target made from LEGO bricks (starts at about 1:13).

Also mentioned this a while back in another thread, but in the Mighty Boosh episode "The Strange Tale of the Crack Fox," Vince sports a medallion made from what appears to be black and white LEGO plates.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby cas » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 am

Lego was briefly mentioned on the best thing NBC has going for it right now, "Community," last week. It's a short commentary on the evolution of Lego and not quite as funny as it could have been. Clip here.
cas
Staff Writer

Lego appearance in a hollywood movie while channel surfing

Postby ufjason » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am

Was channel surfing and happened upon the movie "beginners" on HBO. While pulling up the info to see what it was a classic red spaceman flashed on the screen! It was around 1:14:00 into the movie. Is there a thread to post sightings of Lego in TV and movies?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby bobalego » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:02 am

Well, why not...all due respect but I feel this website is less active than it has ever been...but many of us originals still love it so I had to bring this thread back to life by mentioning LEGO being in the final episode of season fours Walking Dead...it was actually a flash back moment to the prison with Patrick sitting near a cell door playing with LEGO bricks that Rick had brought back for Carl. I wish I could remember the exact quote but he said something along the lines of: "I am not ashamed it says ages 4-9..."
bobalego

Postby dWhisper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:29 am

The site most certainly is less active, but there are still plenty of people visiting it. The problem is that most people are just reading and not posting or participating, and thus, it feels kind of dead.

If you want to post about stuff on TV, go nuts. I got nothing on Walking Dead though, but I know a lot of the other chat lurkers are just crazy for that show.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Solo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Saw that scene and said aloud "Screw you Rick."
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 am

That show is beginning to be somewhat of a chore for me, but I'm glad someone brought this thread back to comment on the LEGO sighting. The zombie apocalypse has its bright spots.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to General LEGO Discussions