Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Earnings

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Lego Earnings

Postby fredjh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Found a link to this on bricklink forums:

Toy maker Lego reports blockbuster profit.

Sales up 23%... net profit up 60%. Explains $40 midi scale Millennium Falcon. :roll:
fredjh

Re: Lego Earnings

Postby meeotch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:39 pm

That's what happens when you tack on an extra 10 bucks to the price of every set.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby GrayMattR » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:48 pm

pfft - I've noticed nearly every set is 25% more this year than similar sized sets. I hope they realize that Lego sets seem recession proof and then decide to make the prices normal again.
GrayMattR

Postby fredjh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:17 pm

GrayMattR wrote:pfft - I've noticed nearly every set is 25% more this year than similar sized sets. I hope they realize that Lego sets seem recession proof and then decide to make the prices normal again.

I'm actually cutting back. I mentioned the MIDI MF in the first post, that's pretty much the only new set I was interested in... I'd have bought it at $30. Maybe even $35.

So... I actually hope others cut back, too. I don't want them to not make a profit, but not by simply jacking up prices without being able to justify it to their customers (the libertarian in me says they don't owe me an explanation, but the libertarian in me also says he hopes sales plummet so they correct prices down).
fredjh

Return to General LEGO Discussions