Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

If you could bring back any LEGO themes...

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: If you could bring back any LEGO themes...

Postby Aharown » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:27 pm

I always found both Ninja and Wild West to be really neat themes, so both of those would get my pick. I agree that Blacktron would be a good faction to have return for the Space Police to nab. Space Pirates, arr!
<><
Aharown

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:45 am

Seeing how secondary market prices have skyrocketed over the last year or so, I think bringing back Batman would not be a gamble for LEGO... ;)

But on a sentimental note, I think a real space theme, that is one were the spacemen have to wear spacesuits and airtanks and where vehicles, more often than not, have closed cockpits, would be great. I could be Classic Space, Blacktron or any other space theme of the 90's, but it should be a real space theme.
Last edited by Daz Hoo on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daz Hoo

Postby michealjackson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 pm

Please ban me.
Last edited by Solo on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ...I did.
michealjackson

Postby Egallardo26 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 pm

I'd bring back the Alpha Team and maybe bring back anything that has to do with Lego Island?
Egallardo26

Postby Raequan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:56 pm

I missed the ninjas the first time around, so I'd like to get my hands on them. I'm suprised that nobody has mentioned Dino Attack yet. Those dinosaurs were EPIC, even if they were scientifically incorrect
Last edited by Raequan on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raequan

Postby ccjwprongs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 am

Juh? All the themes at the moment are expensive enough as it is. I'll be damned if I'm paying for old sets too >_<
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Postby FirstCircle » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:30 pm

Ninja! Ninja! Ninja!

I was tempted to come out of my dark age for those sets alone. At least I got one as a gift.

This one I believe...

My BrickLink store, Jabberwocky's Emporium.
FirstCircle

Postby legodeathstrike » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 pm

The spiderman lego theme was pretty fun. It's too bad they didn't make any when the 3rd movie came out with Venom and Sandman. Kinda disappointed when I saw that Megablocks took over this theme. I would live to get my hands on a black spidey minifig or a Venom one too.

My second choices would be Blacktron sets or the Forrestmen sets. I grew up wanting those sets when I was a kid.
legodeathstrike

Postby shoggoth666 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 pm

I'd like to see the insectoids theme come back, cool sets.
shoggoth666

Postby Dr.Lego » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Definetly Batman. There is so much more they could do considering that it only ever had around 10 sets and only around 10 villains. Plus, the BL price skyrocket. It would be a big fat money maker. XD
Yep that's right. No links!!
Dr.Lego

Postby kelano28 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Western, hands down.

I mean... the buildings blew up.
kelano28

Postby legomatt » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 pm

I'd like to see that Frankenstein's Monster come back... maybe in the collectable minifigs range at least.
legomatt

Postby gfxguy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 am

Nice revival of an old thread... I'm glad a couple of you (and me) get their wish with Harry Potter.

Right now I wish that LEGO kept Fantasy Era castle for one more year to make a few Elf sets before moving on to Kingdoms.
gfxguy

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 am

Pretty much any of the Spacey themes from the 90s like Unitron, Spyrius, and Ice Planet 2000 with all of their wonderful "sensor antennaes" which we all know are really laser guns and "satellite rockets" which are really ICBMs. Flick-fire missiles are useless in the face of teh lasers and nukes. Ohh for the days when LEGO released real toys as opposed to stickered-up, gimmicky facsimiles.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby meeotch » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 am

Your post made me think, I think the most fun set (that I had and can thus comment on) to build AND play with was this one:

"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Robzula » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:45 am

theJudeAbides wrote:Ohh for the days when LEGO released real toys as opposed to stickered-up, gimmicky facsimiles.

Have you not being paying any attention at all to SP3? It's got all the same play features as the old lines, except the models actually look good too. This one is especially fun as heck.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Ninja, Classic Space (I don't care if it's bley or has new the helmets, can I get an affordable Galaxy Explorer re-release?), Vikings.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby vynsane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 am

Robzula wrote:
theJudeAbides wrote:Ohh for the days when LEGO released real toys as opposed to stickered-up, gimmicky facsimiles.

Have you not being paying any attention at all to SP3? It's got all the same play features as the old lines, except the models actually look good too. This one is especially fun as heck.

I'll second that... SP3 is about 70% of the reason why I came out of my dark ages this year. I just assembled the Galactic Enforcer yesterday and it was an incredible build - totally reminds me of Cosmic Fleet Voyager (which was probably the largest space ship set I had as a kid).

Having said that, I wouldn't mind a return of Classic Space-like sets, all about exploration as opposed to conflict-based opposing factions.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 am

Personally, I don't agree with you guys about the Space Police sets. Sure, they are fun to build, and do include some nice play features. But all those open cockpits and missing air tanks make me miss the old Space sets even more.

Note to LEGO SP designers: there's no air in space. Either close the cockpits, or give the minifigs some air tanks. Thank you.
Daz Hoo

Postby vynsane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:Personally, I don't agree with you guys about the Space Police sets. Sure, they are fun to build, and do include some nice play features. But all those open cockpits and missing air tanks make me miss the old Space sets even more.

Note to LEGO SP designers: there's no air in space. Either close the cockpits, or give the minifigs some air tanks. Thank you.

That's only if those things were airtanks... when I was a kid, they were jetpacks! ;) Their space suits had an air recycler built-in.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

PreviousNext

Return to General LEGO Discussions