Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Is it just me, or has LEGO really been pushing the orange?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Is it just me, or has LEGO really been pushing the orange?

Postby meeotch » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:11 pm

I was just thinking about it, and it seems that orange has been really represented in lots of themes over the last couple of years. Mars Mission, Power Miners, Space Police 3, Agents, and Coast Guard were/are all pretty heavy on the orange. Why so many? I don't really mind, because orange is a fine color. But how about some purple?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Re: Is it just me, or has LEGO really been pushing the orange?

Postby banthafodder » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:09 am

I agree with the purple and looking at the Toy Story line there is some purple in the character use so maybe purple is on the way.
banthafodder

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 am

Presumably it's a lot cheaper for Lego to use lots of the same colour, as much as possible. Also it's a nice, bright colour that appeals to children, whilst not being the same old red, yellow etc. so it stands out.

I also thought about the chance of purple making a comeback with the Ambush in Cairo set. It seemed strange that they would make only that one purple piece.
Jabba the Taff

Postby meeotch » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Also, just before it gets pointed out, I see that I was wrong about orange factoring heavily in SP3. Having not gotten much of a look at them before today (now that my Target has gotten the new Lego sets in), I thought the aliens had orange against black, but I now see that it's yellow instead.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Return to General LEGO Discussions