Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Full size Lego house

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: Full size Lego house

Postby Joedward » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 pm

A few people had driven down the night before and slept in their cars.

It really was quite crap. I got there at about 9, queued until about half 12 (there were like, 1000 people there. Way more than the stated 600), did a lot of watching of other people building, and half 4 through half 5 I built about 6 or 7 of the big 24x48x8 structures, which were just rectangles, no top or bottom. The emails were really missleading, I'd expected there to be at least some of the building of the house we'd get to do, but nothing, just those.
On the plus side, James May did stand for a picture or two, the lunch I had at the vineyard was just awesome, the people I spoke with (generally the ones next to me in the queue) were great; there were people of all ages (like 2 to 60+) and of course building the blocks was fun and relaxing once I got into it. I also picked up a couple things; t-shirt, tic-tac-toe, Ice Bricks. I was tempted to get one of the watches with Darth Maul, and then sell him on BL, but just couldn't be bothered.

Sometime during the week I may go back and see how the house is getting along, but really, I think the day would have been slightly better spent, and would have been easier on my feet, had I stayed at home.

Ah well. I'm still gonna enjoy it when it broadcasts, and I can't wait to see how he does with the Mecano, Hornby and Scalextric challenges.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Previous

Return to General LEGO Discussions