Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Sets Are You Planning on Getting This Year?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: What Sets Are You Planning on Getting This Year?

Postby yankeeken » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:29 am

So far my wish list is mainly Star Wars
Wish List (no particular order)
  • Echo Base (Hopefully 2)
  • Home One
  • Battle of Endor
  • Midscale Falcon
  • Some of the new magnet sets (not sure what they're called)

Depending on how much money I have left (no particular order)
  • more battle packs (both 2009 and 2008)
  • ATT
  • Separatist Shuttle
  • Some Indiana Jones and/or Space sets
yankeeken

Postby infallible » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:00 pm

This is going to be a brutal year for me. I'm into almost everything that they're putting out this year. I thought I was in trouble with Star Wars and Indy, but then they make these awesome Space Police sets and put out more sweet Power Miner rock monsters. Not to mention that boner-inducing Orc castle. I'm running out of room, LEGO!

But no mention of new Batman sets. Is that line done?
infallible

Postby TheThrasher » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Like alot of people, this year is going to be very expensive. I used to get every set when I was a little younger a few years ago, but now I know what I want, and know that some sets just aren't worth it.Also, sets weren't as big and expensive a few years ago, so it was way easier. But with the sudden jump in price, I'm happy that I just got my first job (finally, I'll be 16 in about 2 weeks) I will be able to get most of the sets I want this year. I'm also trying to start a city collection, since I mainly only have Star Wars, so I'm going to get the big modular city sets.

Star Wars
- AT-OT/Republic Carrier
- Home One
- Endor Bunker
- Hoth set x3 or more
- Seperatist Shuttle
- Clone Battle Packs x3
- Maybe the Venator, but its a low priority for now

City
- Market Street
- Cafe Corner
- Green Grocer

Space Police
- Squidman's Escape
- Gold Heist
- Container Heist

Thats all for now, but I'm sure more will be added onto the list as the year goes on. Its definatly going to be a slow process getting all of this, but I'll get it done. I'm just thankful I don't have bills to pay yet.
TheThrasher

Postby Masta' Bo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Out of Star Wars I will definately buy the Hoth Echo Base set, and for obvious reasons. ;)

I'll get the Home One because of all the neat new figs and green A-wing, plus the fact that I like the overall look of the control room (holo-Death Star!). PLUS, it is the 10th Anniversary and I need to add it to my collection.

If I have money (or space) left, I'll get the Venator, or Tank Droid, or Seperatist Shuttle. If all else fails, I'll ask for one of them for my birthday in November.

I really don't care about the other lines, currently. I do like the small Cairo IJ set, and I'll probably pick it up. The Castle Drawbridge set is cool too (gold knight ftw), but I will probably not get it, considering all the cool SW sets coming out this year.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Sadly, I do not have the means to be a Star Wars completist, but SW is where my allegiance lies. Come summer, I'll be dropping a few hundred dollars to grab Home One, Endor, Hoth (x2), mid-size Falcon, Republic Y-wing, and Separatist Shuttle. I've already picked up the new battle packs, Vader's TIE, Republic Attack Shuttle, AAT, Solar Sailer, and V-19. Lots of sweet ships coming, I just can't afford everything!

I'm also looking forward to the reincarnations of Space Police, probably be grabbing a few of those, too (nostalgia).
Last edited by MrCRskater on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby CommanderFox » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Mate my wallet just got empty :x :x , well it will soon ;)
This year I plan on getting Star Wars sets and thats it.
Ok for starters what I hope I can afford is
10195 AT-OT
8019 Republic attack shuttle
7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
7749 Echo Base
8038 The Battle of Endor
8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser
If I have cash leftover
7751 Ahsoka's Starfighter and Vulture Droid
7754 Home One Mon Calimari Cruiser
8017 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
8036 Separatist Shuttle
8016 Hyena Droid Bomber
If I still have abit of leftover cash after that, which is a fantasy im dreaming :lol: :lol: , ill get
7752 Count Dooku's Solar Sailer
7753 Pirate Tank
7778 Millennium Falcon
8037 Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter.
CommanderFox
Last edited by CommanderFox on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderFox

Postby Han Solo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:54 pm

At the rate that I am at, I may be able to get all of the Star Wars sets of August! It really paid off to spend nothing on the star wars sets of the last 2 years (except the Republic Gunship and Hoth Rebel Base). Still I may run out, so I must be careful with my well saved up budget. Also, I think we must consider the 2010 sets if our budgets is hanging on the edge.
Han Solo

Postby The Brain » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:37 pm

I plan on buying the new AT-TE with some giftcards. Guess where? Barnes and Noble.

You see, I was googling Lego deals that I might try to get (I have absolutely no budget for completely out-of-pocket slurges), and came across a huuuuge selection of SW Lego sets, very reasonably priced (some lower that MSRP) at none other than Barnes and Noble. I have a tooooon of giftcards there (yes, I do read quite a bit, I just support local bookstores and get books/DVDs there when I can), so I can easily afford the AT-TE I've been wanting. Possibly the new AAT, as well. XD
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Cafe Corner
Market Street
Town Plan (maybe)
Hoth Patrol
Endor Bunker
that city set with the bus

most of the Space Police sets, some Indy, some Agents
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby donneyboy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:27 pm

star wars-
echo base
mon calamari cruiser
battle of endor
separatists shuttle
venator

indiana jones-
cairo market stand
temple of doom
venice canal chase
fighter plane attack
cemetary battle

city-
city corner
repair shop

sets I hope for-
Republic dropship with AT-OT, and Death Star playset.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby meeotch » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:46 pm

I plan on getting all of the sets this year. As life happens, I will subtract from the list. XD

Really, though, I'm not too sure. I've wanted the RGS for as long as it's been out, so we'll see about that. Death Star Playset and Laat/C / AT-OT would be really nice. However, I can be an impulsive buyer, so it'll be hard to predict what I will have come Dec 31st.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:29 am

The SW range is superb, it has to be the best year ever. The three large kits (Venator / Endor and Home One) are absolute musts. The CW range is really good as well, I like the Tank Droid and after seeing the pics of the YWing that has become a must. The AT-OT / Dropship is phenomenal, I haven't liked a kit from the pics as much as that kit. Obviously the cost is steep, I'm trying to justify that if I don't buy too many of the Clone battlepacks that justifies me putting at least a few dollars towards it (though I realise that is flawed logic, since I'll probably end up buying more BP's since there is plenty of room on the AT-OT for them).

The Hoth battlpack is also another must have, in fact I'm thinking that will become one of my favourite kits, I really love that scene from ESB, and getting a kit with 2 snowtroopers, 2 rebels (I just had a good look at those goggles tonight, they are awsome) and Han on that TaunTaun, this kit is superb. I initially thought they could have done a better job with the turret, but I'm happy with it. All in all I wont be able to pass on any of the Star Wars kits.

From the NY TF coverage I really like the Troll Dark Fortress, i got a little of this line last year and thought it was really well done. I don't think I'll have any cash left over or it once the SW kits hit the shelves, but maybe by Christmas I might find a spare dollar or two.

I tried to not look at any of the other ranges, given how good the SW range was.
Michael

Postby baby_yoda » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Hmmmm....this is a tough one....LoL

I mostly collect Star Wars Lego, so this is my list in no order.

-Endor Bunker
-Hoth Set (Dont kno wthe name...LoL)
-The Separatist Shuttle (For Nute of course LoL)
-Home One
-Clone Wars Y-Wing

If I have any extra money, Ill get some other ones..LoL

But I think the Temple of Doom is really kewl... :P
baby_yoda

Postby Tyrant » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:09 am

Well, I am almost to the point of having the all the current sets that I want. Just a couple more copies of some of the Castle sets and maybe one or two of the Star Wars sets along with possibly more clones (I prefer the phase 2 armor personally, so I don't need tons of Clone Wars clones). So, I should have a nice chunk of change put back for the summer (and beyond) sets because I don't have many other hobbies (or at least none on this financial scale, I can only buy so many movies off of Amazon). So, hopefully I can cover these.

From Castle I am hoping to buy all three sets. Depending on how they look in person and what kind of deals I can find, some I may buy more than one of.

SW:
-Echo Base-I know I will buy more than one, but I don't how many more than one right now
-Endor-I would like to wait for some kind of sale, but they seem to be hit and miss with some Star Wars sets so I will probably bite the bullet and get this one at retail. If a sale comes along however, I may get more than one
-Seperatist Shuttle-Like everyone else I am mainly getting this one for the figures, though the set looks alright
-Home One-I want the figures, we'll see if I can live with the price when it's available
-AT-OT- It seems expensive, but space and financing permitting I would like to get it
-Tank Droid-I might end up getting 2 of these. My CIS army outnumbers any of my other hordes at the moment and their diversity of small, cheap vehicles is great.
-Pirate Tank-I will get at least one, but I could easily see myself getting a couple

Creator
-House (I don't know if it has a different name)-I can use almost every part in the set. If I can find them on sale, I will probably buy a few of them
-Red Dragon-I will have to take a look at this one in person, but I am inclined to buy it

Beyond those, I am really considering buying an At-At while they are still around.
Edit: I forgot the Temple of Doom, it is a very likely purchase once I can get a good look at it
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby drsherpa » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:26 pm

I have to get the Battle of Endor (for the figs) and the sep shuttle, maybe the hoth battle and the tank droid (for the jetpacks)
no real interest in the venator, its just an office with some big guns
<<Do Work Son!!>>
drsherpa

Previous

Return to General LEGO Discussions