Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Sets Are You Planning on Getting This Year?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

What Sets Are You Planning on Getting This Year?

Postby iLike Lego » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:09 pm

My list:
  • Star Wars: Mon Calamari Cruiser
  • Star Wars: Echo Base
  • Star Wars: Separatist Shuttle
  • Star Wars: Republic Dropship and OD-TE Walker
  • Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom
  • Indiana Jones: Cairo Marketplace
  • Indiana Jones: Venice Canal Chase
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Good Neighbors at Bikini Bottom
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Krusty Krab Adventures

I also have mild interest in the following:
  • Star Wars: Venator Class Destroyer
  • Star Wars: Battle of Endor
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
  • Indiana Jones: Chauchilla Cemetery Battle
  • Indiana Jones: Fighter Plane Attack

I already have these sets from this year:
  • Star Wars: Assassin Droid Battle Pack
  • Indiana Jones: Fight on the Red Wing
  • Indiana Jones: Shanghai Chase

How 'bout you?
Last edited by iLike Lego on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iLike Lego

Re: What Sets Are You Planning on Getting This Year?

Postby Teekay » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:27 pm

I am a SW completist. So I hope to get them all. My priority, however, is the AAT. Also, Vader's TIE, Echo Base, and Battle of Endor.

I also try to get most Indy sets. All the August ones look good, but I'm not sure if they are allowed, even under the modified RtB. Also, I want the Flying Wing.

~Sam (Teekay)
Last edited by Teekay on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 pm

A few tips for you: make sure to read the Code of Conduct, you would know that posting upcoming set names is fine. Also, please don't copy and paste formatted posts from other forums because the code doesn't always work the same everywhere, and you end up with a funky looking post. Lastly, if you just want to share lists, we're trying to discourage this sort of random/apathetic type of posting behavior in favor of actual discussions. Teekay seems to be steering it in the right direction.

Me? I have no idea. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Given that I don't really have room in my budget for LEGO, my list is sparse. I want the creator car transporter, because it's absolutely awesome. I also want the Republic Y-wing, but then again I wanted the V19, TX130 and AAT, and loook how many of those I have... Getting the Venice boat chase would be great too.
Jake

Postby Flynn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:55 pm

I've already got Vader's TIE, and I plan on getting the Motorized Walking AT-AT (Someone tell me, does it really walk?), Endor and Hoth Base, and Home One. I don't think I'll have the money for the new IJ sets, which is a shame; they all look fantastic. I might also pick up a couple SPIII sets as well.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Super33 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Flynn wrote: and I plan on getting the Motorized Walking AT-AT (Someone tell me, does it really walk?)

Yes, you can see it walk on youtube.
Super33

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm

I just recently got Vader's TIE and the Assassin Droid battlepack, I might pick up another one of those, neat little set. I would like to hopefully get some more Indy sets such as the Shanghai Chase and some of the upcoming summer sets. I definitely must, must get the Star Wars Endor, Hoth, and Home One sets. Of course this all depends on how much cash I have :lol: Really need to start saving up :p
Firespray

Postby iLike Lego » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Solo wrote:A few tips for you: make sure to read the Code of Conduct, you would know that posting upcoming set names is fine. Also, please don't copy and paste formatted posts from other forums because the code doesn't always work the same everywhere, and you end up with a funky looking post. Lastly, if you just want to share lists, we're trying to discourage this sort of random/apathetic type of posting behavior in favor of actual discussions. Teekay seems to be steering it in the right direction.

Me? I have no idea. ;)

Thanks for the tip! I have it editted. I find it strange, though, the list should work according to your BB Code guide.

I am somewhat of a completist for the "Indiana Jones" (Missing only "River Chase" and "Temple Escape") and "SpongeBob SquarePants" (Missing only "Good Neighbors at Bikini Bottom" and "Krusty Krab Adventures") but I open my sets.

I always collected "Star Wars", from the first set released, but there are too many to become a completist now, and when I was younger, I only had enough money to buy the ones that appealed the most to me. If I had bought every one and they had released them as gradually as the two aformentioned lines, then I could've been a completist.

I will end up getting the ones I posted. When I plan on buying a LEGO set, it happens, haha. Especially the "Echo Base", "Temple of Doom" & "Good Neighbors at Bikini Bottom" sets. Whoo-hoo!

Sorry for my lengthly post, BTW.
iLike Lego

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:38 pm

The list tags didn't work because you used them wrong. ;) All I did was remove the = and it worked just fine.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ham Salad » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:29 am

Assault Shuttle...on layby
More clone packs...army is growing nicely.
Endor...Rebel Commandoes XD
Hoth...Tauntaun!!! New Rebels
Castle Village Setting
Home One is looking good....hmm giving up drinking coke and selling a kindey might need to be pondered.
I'm double parked in a parallel universe.
Ham Salad

Postby Andi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:08 am

I want at least build once all new SW OT-Sets. That's Home One, Echo Base and Endor - isn't it.
If I keep them long afterwards is another question. ;)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:40 am

The only thing I'll be getting is deep in debt, if I'm not careful. ;) I'm finding it easy to pass on a lot of the Clone Wars stuff (though, I picked up almost all of the first wave prior to Christmas because of the tremendous Amazon deals). I might grab the Neimodian shuttle for the figs mostly.

The bulk of my LEGO budget will probably go towards Space Police III, Castle and City, though I still want to pick up the most recent Indy sets and the upcoming OT Star Wars sets. Agents are neat, and I've picked up a few, but there is so much stuff out there now, something's gotta give, ya know? Oh, crap, how could I forget Pirates? I'm also liking Power Miners a lot more than I expected to. Which reminds me, aren't those 25% at TRU right now...*runs to car*
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby BigBenKenobi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Well, the majority of my lego collection is Star Wars, so that's where my focus will be this year. I'll definately be getting:
7749 Echo Base x 1 hopefully 2
8038 Battle of Endor x 1
8039 Venator Class Star Destroyer x 1
10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker x 1 (I've always wanted something like this)

As for the ones I hope to get if I have enough money left ;) :
8037 Anakin's Y-wig Starfighter x 1
8036 Separatist Shuttle x 1

When all said and done, this will definatley be an expensive summer for me. I'll have to try to get out to caddie a few extra times to come up with the extra money I guess...which isn't a bad thing.
Last edited by BigBenKenobi on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby lordjacobi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:46 am

i want to get the the Republic attack shuttle even though i hate the mace windu mini fig.
:)

i never knew all these other sets were coming out i nead to do my hwk.
"The time has come. Execute Order 66."
― Palpatine
lordjacobi

Postby Walter Kovacs » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:37 am

While I'd love to say I'm getting them all, I'm certain that monetary discretion will prevent that.

Tops on my list are the AT-TE (the only CW set from last year that I missed). In order to fill said AT-TE with clones, I'll need a few ore Clone BPs. I'll probably pick up the Hyena Droid Bomber, considering it's realatively low price tag.

As for my wish list (aka Christmas List), the Endor Base, Echo Base and Home 1 are nearly must haves. The AAT is a must have as well, since I missed the first one. The Separatist Shuttle and Republic Attack Shuttle look excellent, but I doubt I'll be able to afford them.

I already have the Assassin Droid BP, as well as a few Clone BPs.
UCS TIE Project: 10 down, 35 to go!

My Brickshelf Page
Walter Kovacs

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:25 pm

:lol: I had to edit my post because of the news of the 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker today. Oh my wallet feels the pain.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby lordvader208 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Being a Star Wars fan, here's my wish list:

1. Venator
2. Home One
3. Republic Attack Shuttle
4. Ahsoka's Starfighter and Vulture Droid
5. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (non-UCS)
6. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
7. Echo Base
8. and of course many Clone Walker battle packs

If I can afford it:

1. Granite Grinder (the only non-star wars set I'm really interested in)
2. Separatist Shuttle
lordvader208

Postby Flynn » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Well, after seeing the new Indiana Jones sets, I now only plan on getting the Endor set, and then get all the IJ sets except for the plane battle. I also might pick up a couple Space Police sets, those aliens are great.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby thepatient » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:55 pm

After looking at the 2009 Toy Fair pictures, I feel like a deer in the headlights. I will get the Classic car and the RV. I’m thinking the RDS with the AT-OT is a must. Everything seems so pricey right now I want them all, but I’m still playing catch-up on the January sets. I’m starting to have a love/hate feeling about LEGO right now. Why do they have to put out so many good sets out at once?
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I plan to get almost all, if not all, space police sets. I might also grab a power miner set with yellow giant rock monster, hoth base, echo base, as well as mid-size MF.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Next

Return to General LEGO Discussions