Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Store Disappointment

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: Lego Store Disappointment

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:31 pm

^LOL
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Athos » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:00 pm

I went to the Lego store in Sacramento and had a similar experience. Only one new set: a battered and beaten Squidman's escape. Though I'm not sure this was because of good sales, since there weren't even any shelf space for anything new. Squidman was hiding in the Star Wars section...

Steve
Athos

Postby Puddleglum » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Athos wrote: Though I'm not sure this was because of good sales, since there weren't even any shelf space for anything new.

When they sell out of a set, or a whole line, they don't leave the shelves empty - they fill the shelves with more of the sets that they do have.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby copyright » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:22 am

Okay, may I add my 2 cents in support of the stores:

On PaB: PaB selection varies. Most stores take an assortment option and get a pre-packaged assortment. It is time consuming and difficult to manage a PaB well, according to my store, but they take that time and money and do it right. AZLUG loves our store, and according to our manager, it is one of the better performing ones in the Brand Retail sector. That said, our store is one of the busier ones and has the resources... some stores don't. If they take the assortment option, they are at the mercy of the company, and you can't blame them.

On selection: Unlike TRU and Target, that orders thousands and thousands of sets at once, gets one timely delivery to a DC, and distributes to the stores via internal systems, the Brand Retail stores go though the LEGO DC's, which are shared with Field and Independent Accounts and LEGO S@H. Availability is far more likely to be an issue for them than for a TRU.
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 am

Listen to Jeremy. He knows stuff. ;)

And BTW, all of you who do have a LEGO store within reasonable driving distance and complain about it, shame on you!!!

Us Canadians would probably trade our free healthcare system to be in your shoes... :cool:
Daz Hoo

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:Us Canadians would probably trade our free healthcare system to be in your shoes...

No, no, you can keep that! ;)
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby meeotch » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Taking care of the less fortunate wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby RocketClone » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:54 am

I dont know about any of you guys(and girls) but mine was somewhat small but satisfying XD . But during the grand opening there was A LOT of kids and teens but still good ;) .
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Previous

Return to General LEGO Discussions