Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego + Simpsons = Match Made in Heaven?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Lego + Simpsons = Match Made in Heaven?

Postby Enigma » Wed May 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Think about it, Simpsons are already Yellow! LEGO have been yellow since the beginning of time! I can see a little mini Bart riding around on his little skateboard, and homer, sitting on a LEGO Sofa, watching LEGO TV! The ideas are endless!

What do you think of the concept? And Furthermore, what is a set you would like to see produced from the "LEGO Simpsons Line?"

For me, I want Homer's house or Mr. Burn's Mansion.

-Jordan
Last edited by Enigma on Thu May 28, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma

Re: Lego + Simpsons = Match Made in Heaven?

Postby Joedward » Wed May 27, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm pretty sure all this, and much much more, was brought uo in one of our multi theme speculation threads.

The only thing I'd be interested in would be Homer and his car. Because while you could probably do everything else from already in production bricks, there just isn't enough pink in LEGO. :p
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby gfxguy » Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 am

Enigma wrote:Think about it, Simpsons are already Yellow! LEGO have been yellow since the beginning of time! I can see a little mini Bart riding around on his little skateboard, and homer, sitting on a LEGO Sofa, watching LEGO TV! The ideas are endless!

What do you think of the concept? And Furthermore, what is a set you would like to see produced from the "LEGO Simpsons Line?"

For me, I want Homer's house or Farmer Burn's Mansion.

-Jordan

Farmer Burns? :S

You could do tons of stuff... KwikiMart, SNPP, Moe's, Bart's Treehouse.... the school, I suppose... Otto's bus; the town square...

I could see a soap box derby set, Deep Space Homer (they can reuse the shuttle! All hail the carbon rod!), a set with Bart jumping Springfield Gorge...

Wow. I didn't think there'd be a lot, but the possibilities are endless... Krusty's Studios, Krusty Burger, Itchy and Scratchy land amusement park...

Edit: you know, they'd have to make a Fat minifig, but then they could use the same mold for Santa Claus, too.... the Marge hair would be great!
gfxguy

Postby meeotch » Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 pm

They've all ready got plenty of uranium.

"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu May 28, 2009 12:51 pm

If they do it, surely they'll do so to coincide with a second movie if there's one on the cards. The buzz has left the Simpsons. Also you have to wonder if it might conflict with the Disney license. Unlikely, but perhaps there's a clause in that contract.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Gumby » Thu May 28, 2009 2:59 pm

The question I have to ask is this: Do kids 5-12 like/watch the Simpsons?
Gumby

Postby Enigma » Thu May 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Gumby wrote:The question I have to ask is this: Do kids 5-12 like/watch the Simpsons?

New Question. What part of "What if situation' don't you understand? ;)

-Jordan
Enigma

Postby gfxguy » Fri May 29, 2009 7:28 am

Gumby wrote:The question I have to ask is this: Do kids 5-12 like/watch the Simpsons?

My two kids... 7 and 10, both love the Simpsons, although we have to be careful which ones we let them watch.
gfxguy

Postby The Brain » Sat May 30, 2009 6:00 pm

I know I did when I was 5-12. ;) Still love it now, too.

This is a kinda neat idea, but how many people would actually buy these sets? I'm not sure if I would...
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:42 pm

i tried to make some lego simpson figs once, and it didnt turn out to well XD. I can kinda see lego doing this, but if they did they did, seeing as its a cartoon, the characters would end up looking like the sponge bob figs, all big headed and goofy looking :lol:
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Return to General LEGO Discussions