Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO® Kingdoms Chess Set

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO® Kingdoms Chess Set

Postby sparkywilliams » Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 am

I was at my son's after-school club this evening (this is a charter school with a focus on math activities) and they have a Yamie Chess club group there ,many of the kids are scouts. Walking round the room I saw that two kids, as their was't enough of the Yamie chess sets to go round were substituting with Lego kingdoms chess. Has anyone else here got one of these, they are so beautiful to look at and the build is so fun and educational.

The royal figures with the little castle fortresses at each corner is a toy designers' dream - they are gorgeous.
sparkywilliams

Re: LEGO® Kingdoms Chess Set

Postby sparkywilliams » Thu May 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Just seen another of Lego's chess adventures, didn't know Lego were so cool like this. This one has got trolls, wizards and comes in a Lord of the Rings Style book - Check it out!

On Brickpedia: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/852293_LEGO_Castle_Giant_Chess_Set

The packaging reminds me of Gandalf and the style of Lord of the Rings Twin Towers. Sooo awesome
sparkywilliams

Re: LEGO® Kingdoms Chess Set

Postby sparkywilliams » Fri May 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Okay so have now purchased this new lego kingdoms set, the pieces up close have a very medievel feel, more detailing than usual, makes a great present.
sparkywilliams

Return to General LEGO Discussions