Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Where do you generally buy your Lego?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Where do you generally buy your Lego?

Postby Grant » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:01 pm

If you can't get it on sale, where do you buy it?
There aren't any Lego stores in my area, so I generally buy it from lego.com.
Grant

Re: Where do you generally buy your Lego?

Postby dWhisper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Mostly Walmart, then Shop@Home. Target if it's on sale, TRU if I'm desperate (or perhaps feel like punishing myself). Closest Lego store(s) are about four hours away for me, so I get to them maybe once a year or so.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Joedward » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 am

The Lego store 20 minutes away, them S@H. Amazon and TRU only get a look in if they've got properly decent deals/promotions going on.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 am

I mostly do Amazon since I have a Prime membership and the sales there tend to be pretty significant and consistent. Followed by Shop@Home (VIP points, baby) and Bricklink. Then the occasional impulse buy at Target, Wal-Mart and places like that. TRU generally has the best selection of LEGO in my area as far as brick-and-mortar stores, but their mark-ups usually counter that making it an unattractive option...but when they have decent/genuine sales, maybe. The nearest LEGO stores to me are about an hour away, so that's only a periodic indulgence.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:40 am

I buy at Target and Fred Meyer, usually when they have a sale (Fred Meyer has sales more frequently, but Target usually has a better selection). I've bought from Amazon a few times, too. I avoid TRU like the plague unless they have an exclusive I want or a good sale (both VERY rare occurances). I have a LEGO store semi-nearby, but it is all the way across town, and as far as I can tell NEVER has had any kind of meaningful sale when I could make the trip, so I have bought almost nothing there. I'll only buy from LEGO's on-line store if I can get free shipping, and I can't find an item cheaper elsewhere. That has happened exactly once.
Mister Ed

Return to General LEGO Discussions