Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

How many lego 'pieces' do YOU own?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

How many lego 'pieces' do YOU own?

Postby Inzane » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 am

Like the title says, if you happen to know, how many pieces do you currently own?

I've been working at updated the "my sets" database for my profile on brickset.com. I'm almost complete. My total pieces count is currently at 126,627 pieces. However I still have a couple basic brick sets from my childhood (mid-late 70s) to add to my list. I also have to make sure I've properly accounted for any sets I may have sold over the last few years. And that doesn't count the half dozen (at least) cups of pick-a-brick wall excursions that have also added to my overall pieces stock.

Its probably fair to say my real total is at least 128,000, maybe even pushing close to ~130,000 (but not likely more than that).

It's kinda funny... a relative small percentage of my total is from my original childhood lego. The remaining ~120,000+ is from the last ten years as an AFOL after coming out of the dark ages.

Let's hear yours.
Inzane

Re: How many lego 'pieces' do YOU own?

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 am

I used to have a spreadsheet tracking all my sets and their piececounts, with a total at the bottom. Unfortunately, I haven't kept it up, so I can no longer answer this question.
Mister Ed

Postby Inzane » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Mister Ed wrote:I used to have a spreadsheet tracking all my sets and their piececounts, with a total at the bottom. Unfortunately, I haven't kept it up, so I can no longer answer this question.

I used to do that as well (sorted by themes), but discovered the brickset database method is much easier to maintain and does the work for you.
Inzane

Postby dWhisper » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Yeah... I gave up tracking a long time ago. This is just my unsorted parts right now...

If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Draykov » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm

With all of the Bricklink orders and pick-a-brick cups over the years, my childhood collection (which is surely incomplete), and the absorption of a friend's childhood collection...I really have no idea. But I would guess significantly less than half a million parts. I do track my collection on Brickset though, which I highly recommend. With their ACM data and Rebrickable integration, it's definitely worth the time.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to General LEGO Discussions