Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Nameless One vs Zippity Aviary

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Z

Poll ended at Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm

20%
80%

Total votes : 90

MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Nameless One vs Zippity Aviary

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 am

This is now the polling thread for the ships shown above. This poll will be open for exactly 48 hours so get those votes in quick! You can still view the entries below. Contestants: this is a friendly reminder that no changes are allowed after the deadline, so your posts will be locked and if any of the photos in them change you will be disqualified.

This is the submission thread for the pilots listed above. Your letter this round is Z.

The deadline for this round is 8pm Pacific time next Sunday, November 24th.

Post your starfighter photos below. Include one photo you'd like to use as the polling image, one photo demonstrating the letter, and one showing your pilot in the cockpit. Standard photography restrictions apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: MOC Madness 2013 Round 1: Nameless One vs Zippity Aviary

Postby murphquake » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:45 am

Straight up excited to be going against my pal Clone Emperor in the first round... If I only knew how to make a Z in cursive =-D Good Luck Bro!
murphquake

Postby CloneEmperor » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:41 pm

You're going down!

Nah, I'm kidding. You're gonna kick my butt.
CloneEmperor

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:05 pm

GL lads, may 'zee' force be with you. ;)
volumex

Postby Rook » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:58 am

I think given the option of Q or Z, I'll take the Q thank you. XD
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby murphquake » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:52 am

we were discussing Z's, i googled n saw yours on EB (unless there's a Rook imposter)... it was pretty much the same concept I had in mind... probably still gonna go that way.. gonna start playing today
murphquake

Postby Rook » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:38 am

Yeah that's me. I did the whole alphabet years ago. Z and S were the hardest then. I loved R & M. And I have some great ideas on new versions since with the reboot on this contest.
Rook

Postby murphquake » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:53 am

I'll have to dig them all up later... or do you have them in one spot?
murphquake

Postby Rook » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 am

Ah yeah they should all be on my old Photobucket account, most or all should be on EB, some are on Flickr, but all of them are in one thread on CABG.

http://cabg.forumotion.com/t1328-rook-s ... t=alphabet

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p115 ... rs%20Lego/

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p115 ... 20Project/
Rook

Postby CloneEmperor » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Z-wing In Profile by CloneEmperor, on Flickr

Why it's a Z-wing by CloneEmperor, on Flickr

The Nameless One in the Z-wing's Cockpit by CloneEmperor, on Flickr

In flight mode, the Zed-wing has an aerodynamic profile for faster speeds in atmosphere, boosted by a powerful C4-N0E engine mount with three exhaust ports. In attack mode, the weapons pods separate to provide a wider field of fire, giving the fighter it's distinctive "Z" shape. The Nameless One pilots this fighter with his customary skill and nearly Jedi-like reflexes.
CloneEmperor

Postby murphquake » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Zippity Aviary's Z-Wing Starfighter (ZeeAye Shipyards BV-M82 RIP Cannon Interceptor)

Zippity wasn't surprised when the courier arrived. This was what he did after all. He probably didn't have to destoy the droid but better safe than sorry is how he makes a living. If there's anyone out there who knows how to harness the enormous power of repulsor injected plasma it's Dr. Aviary. Destroying the target was merely an afterthought, he couldn't wait to start building the RIP Cannon. While trying to decide how he wanted to propel the ship itself he had his true Eureka moment: Excess RIPlasma energy would be just as suitable as ion propulsion and if there was ever power to spare he had it here. But how to keep himself isolated from the dangerous radiation while maximizing his speed & the capability of the weapon? First he thought about a hugely shielded cannon but the returns on the performance diminished to where he'd become an easy target. No. A new approach was needed. Modding a standard ray shielding circuit to the size of this ship's central strut Zippity found his answer. The final ship lacked some of the maneuverability of a snub-fighter but it was FAST. One of these days he's gonna try to set a new record on the Kessel Run.

The Ship is the first in galactic history to mount so powerful a weapon on a personal fighter. Zippity had to forgo an astromech as they kept getting shorted out. The RIP Cannon drives the engines while storing energy in the plasma cell ahead of the primary baffles... excess energy powers all the electronics & weapons & the plasma drive. The shielding necessary to allow someone like the Doc to stay alive also ray shields the whole craft and the standard deflectors are almost as strong as the ones his buddies once destroyed on the forest moon of Endor. Dual twin blaster cannons flank the cockpit and laser cannons modified from some he found on an old TIE are mounted under the chin. The primary weapon takes nearly a minute to charge and fire but the effects are nearly 82% of the strenght of the original Death Star's weapon system, a fair trade if you ask ZeeAye!

The Nameless One would truly know he had pissed off the wrong faction this time. ZA was going to make sure of that!!

More pics in the set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/murphquake ... 019772536/

Special thanks to my inspiration Clone Emperor for being my opponent in this round & making sure I didn't just submit a Z tile from the business card set

Z-Wing Main by murphquake, on Flickr (Polling Image)

Z-Wing Letter by murphquake, on Flickr (Letter Profile)

Z-Wing Zippity by murphquake, on Flickr (Pilot In Cockpit)
murphquake

Postby zhouston » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:37 am

'Z'any looking ships, but awesome!! Good luck to both of you
zhouston
David

Postby murphquake » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:08 am

I'm voting for Nameless One because anything you like on my entry is there because I was worried about how awesome his would be. Also he threatened me....

I think the real fight here is will you stand for canuckistanian imperialism and calling Zs "zed" which is disgusting you sick twisted monkey!
murphquake

Postby Midi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:45 am

that canoe.. and the Z attack mode and Zippity.. thats one helluva canon, great job guys and good luck
Midi

Postby CloneEmperor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 pm

The only reason you may vote for me Murph is to lessen the chance you have to build in the second round ...

:)
CloneEmperor

Postby murphquake » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Too late I already unleashed my plan to avoid more work! I AM THE MAN WHO IS TOO LAZY TO FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
murphquake

Postby murphquake » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you everyone who voted for CE & me &, we both worked hard and traded a lot of chat room insults to get these done and I'm proud of what I ended up building
murphquake

Postby CloneEmperor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Congrats murph, I knew I didn't stand a chance!
CloneEmperor

Postby CloneEmperor » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:46 am

A big thanks to all those who voted for me, I know I didn't have the best design, but I was proud of it. It's too bad I didn't move on, I had what I thought was a great idea for a D-Wing, but I know murph will do something real nice.
CloneEmperor

Postby murphquake » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 am

...digs out printed letter tiles... hmmmm where's a D...
murphquake

Return to Contests & Community Builds