Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2013 Moc Madness Tournament Announcement: Alphabet Fighters!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: 2013 Moc Madness Tournament Announcement: Alphabet Fight

Postby jsiles42 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Wrenches by John Iles, on Flickr

Wrenches has bounced around the Outer Rim as freebooter and mechanic extraordinaire. Born on Alderaan, she has a burning hatred for the Empire and has helped more than one Rebel ship with its repairs.
jsiles42

Postby volumex » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Solo wrote:volumex: pilot only. Lose the bird.

I will go back to the drawing board... :x
volumex

Postby volumex » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:11 am

Here we go... the boys were giving me such headaches, so I've fired the lot of them!
I'm for some 'girl power'. Please welcome Klawdia Rose

Klawdia Rose / FBTB Madness 2013 by : VolumeX :, on Flickr
Klawdia Rose, a champion watercraft rider longs to pilot hardcore starfighters and leave the swamp-infested world of Dagobah behind, there is only so much mud slinging a gal can take. She's willing to fly anything you throw at her!
volumex

Postby hatcher » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 am

IMG_2810 by hatcherman, on Flickr

This is Dlanod Batil. He is Jango Fett's uncle (mother' side). At the ripe old age of 107, he is still a good pilot. He can't bust heads like he used to. But he has his ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time he caught the transport to Tatooine. He needed a new heel for his shoe. So he decided to go to Datooine, which is what they called Tatooine in those days. So he tied an onion to his belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the transport cost a credit, and in those days, credits had pictures of nerfs on 'em. Gimme five nerfs for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that he had an onion tied to his belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the clone war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Okamoto » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Someone had to teach you the ABC's of star-fighter building. Former Galactic Teacher, Mika 26 is coming out of retirement for this one. Don't be fooled by her banana cane. It serves her well with boomerang capabilities as well as a nice yellow laser incinerating pistol. Watch out younglings.

Mika by TheMacPro, on Flickr
Okamoto

Postby Darth Dee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Ed Med
EdMed1 by DarthDee, on Flickr

Captain Med was once an ACE pilot for the space defense force of the planet Alpha-Bet. At the top of his career, he was in a horrific crash. After extensive surgeries and a two year recovery (in which his knees were removed) he was hired by the Advantageous Building Corporation's star fighter division. Captain Med is now their top test pilot. His short stature has allowed him to walk away from an unusual amount of crashes. Because of this, his friends have nicknamed him "Never need Med, Ed".
Darth Dee

Postby thelegochronicler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Introducing Korval Drcht

IMG_0503 by TheLegoChronicler, on Flickr

The signal originated at a workstation nestled in a warren of similar stations located on the 8th deck of a ponderous Imperial Cruiser, the Glory, to be precise. That burst of code pierced planet Thoran's atmosphere and was captured by an antenna on the surface, an antenna that fed relay box TC4X17, which passed the signal to another box, which beamed it back up to a satellite, which fed it down again, where it passed through no fewer than three more boxes before arriving at its final destination. Korval Drcht's biological eye fluttered while his cybernetic software deciphered the encrypted message. The Empire had another job.

Korval Drcht is a cyborg, a pilot, and a Bothan spy working for the Empire. He's not the fastest in the galaxy, the smartest, or the most ruthless, but he hasn't met anyone who's topped him yet.
thelegochronicler

Postby VHPFAU » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:30 am

Here is ...

Foto 10-11-13 23 28 44 por VHPFAU, en Flickr

Dielon "The Red Welder" Walls
child of the clone army program, Dielon was one of many "disable" soldiers who has to choose a life far from the battlefront.
He developed as an expert mechanic and ship-builder in the shipyards of Byss until the order 66 was executed...
because of his condition, Dielon was free from the 66 brainwash so he decide to escape from the service and take a chance in the universe, and maybe built and fly his own ship......

....with the shape of a letter as he always dream....
...yep....
...indeed...
...mmm...
VHPFAU

Postby Master Beef » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 pm

B'ob the Bounty Hunter

B'ob the Bounty Hunter by Simply Complex Simplicity, on Flickr

As Jango tucked his son in bed one night on Geonosis, he decided it was time. He would tell Boba the legend of B'ob...

"My son, there once was a simple man who went by the name of Min'i Figure. He went about his routine, day after day, and was noticed by no one. Then one day, a great plague, called the Jedi, took hold of his planet, Ogel. Everyone who stood up to the plague was vanquished. All hope was lost. Then it was B'ob's turn. He left bright and early (as he always did, walking to his work in the forest), but this time, he journeyed straight towards the plague's lair. He never returned."

"Wow. Cool story Dad!"

"Let me tell you another, my son. A few years back, the Slave 1 had some difficulties, and I had to stop for a few repairs on Tatooine. Since I had some downtime, I decided to check out the local cantina and see if there were any new bounties. A I sat down at the bar, I turned to the left. There I saw the ugliest Hamerhead you could ever dream of! Then I turned to the right, and there sat the most peculiar sort that I have ever witnessed inside such a den of scum and villainy (excluding myself, of course). He was a simple man. Clean shaven. He turned, and asked me a simple question in a gruff, hoarse voice: 'How things over in Ogel?' I nodded. 'No more Jedi there, eh? No more?' - he said. I nodded. And the it struck me like a herd of Nerfs! I sat there in amazement. It was him. I said: 'Min'i Fig-' but he cut me short. He grabbed my neck and flung me across the room. I tried to grab my Westar, but I was more incapacitated than I had ever been before or have been since (even more than in my fight with the darned Obi-Wan!). He strolled over to me, bent over, and whispered into my ear: 'The names B'ob now.' With great effort (for my lungs were practically collapsed) I asked him: 'H- How? How'd yo- you do it? ' And I'll never forget it. He replied: 'Oh. Excuse me pal. Gotta hit the can.'"

"Profound Dad. Profound. So now when can I be a bounty hunter!?!"

Scholar's note: While the legend of B'ob was told exclusively by Jango Fett, the actual "story" has been in existence in some form or another since approximately 1,230 years before the time of the Old Republic. Some radical scholars (myself not included) have even speculated that the figure of focus is actually the same exact one in every version of the legend, and is, in fact, an immortal of some kind...

Other Scholar's Note: There are theories circulating that this figure pilots a craft in the shape of some foreign alphabetical system; a different letter every century. A curious oddity, I'd say...
Master Beef

Postby rodiziorobs » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 pm

C-3BO by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

I may as well join in the fun! Here goes:

C-3BO

One of the earliest series of humanoid robots, C-3BO quickly became obsolete after the release of later, more sophisticated models. However, it was blissfully unaware of its scrap metal status, as the C-3B series had no emotion circuit. Even if it had, it couldn't have told anyone, as voice protocols were not introduced until the C-3K series, with the voice functionality of these early droids remaining quite rudimentary until the release of the C-3P series, which set the standard for future models.

The C-3B was designed to be totally subservient, not even self-aware until the old man who bought him off a band of Jawas attempted a few home upgrades by installing some second-hand hardware, including a voice control unit (which proved to be incompatible) and an aftermarket emotion synthesizer.

Thus C-3BO became a loyal and responsive, yet silent companion to the old man until the day he died, upon which the C-3B's joy drive failed completely and the sadness module quickly overloaded, taking out several auxiliary circuits and leaving only two modules intact: rage and jealousy.

Driven by jealousy, C-3BO vowed to reach the status and abilities of the C-3N and -3O and later series, and even surpass them. It became aware of its own programming and developed a meta-program that allowed it to upgrade itself, integrating new hardware and even rewriting its basic code.

With its newfound abilities, and an unbridled rage, it turned itself into a killing machine, first hunting down and terminating late-model protocol droids and engraving their coveted model numbers on its body, then making a bolder statement by building spacecraft that reflected its latest kill.

Soon, its rage outgrew its jealousy and it began to accept contracts for hire on any victim, including biological targets. Its weapon of choice is a toxic vapor spray that instantly neutralizes any breathing lifeforms (as seen in this undated photo).

Don't let its quiet demeanor and pleasant smile fool you; this once servile droid has rebuilt itself into a singularly remorseless assassin.
Last edited by rodiziorobs on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodiziorobs

Postby nacha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Ad Verda by nakama_chattra, on Flickr

Ad Verda

A fast and cunning human pilot from Galactic Imperial Navy. Trained at Imperial Naval Academy on Prefsbelt IV under Baron Soontir Fel. Very good at firing laser cannons behind his star fighter’s cockpit and also love to carry a big gun. He is leading in several missions to attacks sensitive installations and targets that required immense precision. Next to him is the gear to explore the galaxy.
Last edited by Solo on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed your image link, make sure to click the share button on the flickr page and copy that code for the easiest way to post it
nacha

Postby LEGOlas van Elven » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Here goes nothing.

The Geometric Pilot by The Corner Builder, on Flickr

Galarius Heirloom is an old hand at flying starfighters and surviving everything the galaxy throws at him. He loves to attempt to beat all the piloting records he can find, but he has yet to make his mark in the "record setting" tales of the cantinas. His only real contribution to history so far, aside from a note somewhere in the archives of several starship manufacturing companies concerning the lack of square fighters in production, is the saying: "Speak softly and carry a big stick". Which, contrary to popular belief, did not originate in our past but in a galaxy far, far, away.
You have my bow! (as soon as I get it)
LEGOlas van Elven

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 am

Image
Solo

Postby legochrism » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:19 am

Introducing, Azed.

Azed by swlegochrism, on Flickr

An Orcan raider from the outer rim world of Tolkieen, Azed now fights for the Rebel Alliance. Despite his ferocious demeanor, Azed has in abundance his species' instinctive talent for philology.

Thanks FBTB, good luck all!
legochrism

Postby Midi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 am

Kass Mothma by m1di, on Flickr

Kass Mothma of Dathomir,
This Rancor riding fella left Dathomir when the Nightsisters took over the planet slaying males in their way, in a panic rush for survival Kass manage to scrap build a fighter with an odd shape to it and escaped. Now he's roaming the galaxy planet to planet doing odd jobs for survival and getting fighter scraps to add and fix his little fighter.
Midi

Postby agrahmann » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 am

Here's my entry!

LittleMartyBishop by agrahmann, on Flickr

Little Marty Bishop just couldn't get his act together - too much womp rat shooting, not enough studying. So, his parents D.R.A.F.T.I.D. him - they sent him to the Department of Reeducation through Alphabet Fighter Testing, Involuntary Division. Now little Marty spends his days hurtling through the Outer Rim Territories as the certified pilot of uncertified space craft.
agrahmann

Postby dmetcalf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:40 am

LOL'z!
"...the certified pilot of uncertified space craft" is probably the best line of the contest so far!
dmetcalf

Postby Jobu71x » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Dan Gleesak by Jobu71x, on Flickr

Dan was just your run-of-the-mill independent freight hauler until the fateful day he developed a severe case of IBS. Dan now had a distinct need to get to his next destination as absolutelyfastasfreakingpossible. This new found urgency led Dan to tinker with his rigs, building ever more powerful, and often suspect, engines capable of unheard of speeds.

A series of broken speed records (and speeding tickets) garnered attention from the local underground racing circuits, where Mr. Gleesak parlayed his fickle GI tract into a series of racing wins. Piloting with ruthless efficiency and a grim determination to finish as quickly as possible, has made Dan one of the most feared competitors in the sport.
Jobu71x

Postby bartosza6m » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi everyone, this is my pilot: Alpha-B.
Alpha-B by bartosza6m (War-C), on Flickr
bartosza6m

Postby DanBinks » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 pm

FBTBContestPilot by DanBinks, on Flickr

Kle Spar is a test pilot for CMC Starfighters. The founders of CMC, Swee, Bloo, and Scoo are known to have an affinity for brightly colored equines and often have their pilot flying in ships painted with pink, purple, or other pastel colors. Spar doesn't mind as long as the ships handle well, which they usually do.
DanBinks

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds